Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Detailing?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
dilde
My '73 2.0 is close to being finished. Al Reed is doing the Fuchs as I write.

Question:

What do you guys use to get that "wet" look with wax. I have used Macguires (sp?) in the past. Doesn't seem to hold up that long. A friend says that "airplane" wax can be used as well for durability.

Don't want to spend a fortune. My car is a driver. I'd like something that I can pick up at a retail store if possible. Willing to do more than one stage of waxing. i wanna turn heads!!!

Pics soon.

Scott

Jasfsmith
Scott:

I've got a closet full of products that I've tried over the past 30 years. Up to a couple of years ago, I always returned to the high carnuba content aircraft wax, with the now discontinued "J-Wipes" between waxing. It was always a pain to put on but it lasted.

Now, without hesitation I'd say the P21S Paintwork Cleansing Lotion followed by P21S Concours Carnuba is tops. For quick in between waxing I use the Wurth Zerba Finish.
70Sixter
QUOTE(Jasfsmith @ Jul 24 2006, 06:00 AM) *

Now, without hesitation I'd say the P21S Paintwork Cleansing Lotion followed by P21S Concours Carnuba is tops.

agree.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.