Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Flowmaster
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChrisReale
Those who have flowmasters, how did you support it?
mharrison
I had to get a second job and the extra money almost supports them..... laugh.gif

Just kidding...I don't have the flowmasters on mine, I checked out the post to see the answer!
ss6
I've been trying to get the Flowmaster "Camaro muffler" that Brad mentioned awhile back to fit on my six (it's twice the flow, half the price and half the weight of an early 911 style Dansk), and it ain't, so far. The picture of the rig that was posted early in the year won't work for conventional 'six headers. The dual in, dual out FlowMaster case is 18" long, my headers are 23" apart, not enough to get decent 90's into the muffler. Am trying to work out a 270 pipe kinda like some of the Bursch (Borla?) plumbing, but not there yet.

I'd like to hear from anyone who's managed to get it done too!
TimT
go to flowmasters site... look at the 80 series muffler...looks like its page 17 of the print catalog...
p/n 42585

I think this one would be easier to fit than the other muff..
djm914-6
I have a 40 series on my car... Ok it's on the GTI and not the Porsche, but you really weren't specific. rolleyes.gif

I was looking at a Bursch (sp?) exhaust sitting on my garage. It has a few simple bends and one bracket connecting the outlet to one of the inlet tubes.

The Fabricator that built the GTI's exhaust could easily make a duplicate to the one in my garage using any muffler brand you like. I've been thinking about building a few.
914Timo
go to flowmasters site... look at the 80 series muffler...looks like its page 17 of the print catalog...
p/n 42585

www.flowmastermufflers.com

Thanks TimT !!
rhodyguy
chris, local call Austins Pro Max in tacoma for the muffler. if you are not using your stock hanger, you can prob fab one up out of steel stock thats uses the stock bolts on the rear of the trans. this is what dave ellison has done for his header system.

kevin
ss6
The Flowmaster I'm wrestling with is the 80 series 42582, dual in / dual out. It's popular among the 911 track weenies in my "neighborhood".

Tim, the 42585 looks interesting, but I'm afraid the tranny would be in the way of the inlet plumbing. Do you have this one on your car? Any pix possible?

Dave, the 40 series is a single inlet design, can't use in my application.

BTW, the Bursch plumbing I was referring to (the 270 degree loops) is actually on their Steelpak for the US heater'ed 356, not a 914. My bad.
Aaron Cox
as i recall, brad didnt use bends, he used pieces of metal that were cut at angles and welded them together.... i wanna do this for a /4
seanery
Brad's info on the flowmaster fab
IPB Image
Brad:
This is what it looks like for a B+B header flange.

FYI: I had nothing to do with the pic below. I know of several companies that sell this setup for big money and slap a plate over the Flowmaster name.

IPB Image
ss6
Yep, those are the pics that got me going, looks real easy to duplicate if you have a welder, some flanges, and a couple of J bends.

That rig must be for a /4 though, my headers are much closer together, thus my mention of the curly cue approach.

My bad for assuming the 4 vs 6 header spacing was the same.
Mark Henry
How hard would it be to make your own superflow out of all stainless?

Anyone have a pic on how its baffled internally?

I have the use of a TIG welder and you can get stainless tubes and bends at an industrial electrical supply store. At least you can here from Westburne-Ruddy Electric Inc.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.