Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Headlight problems?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wbergtho
I just went out tonight for a drive and the headlights went out when I tried to choose hi beams. I tried to get low beams back on and nothing? Later, I found that if I held the high beam lever back the low beams would stay on...but if I let go....the headlights would go out entirely. I believe I have a bad relay. It is late and I have not looked at the fuses yet ...but I expect to find a goofed up relay. Any one have this happen?
HeloMech
QUOTE(wbergtho @ Jul 23 2006, 11:39 PM) *

I just went out tonight for a drive and the headlights went out when I tried to choose hi beams. I tried to get low beams back on and nothing? Later, I found that if I held the high beam lever back the low beams would stay on...but if I let go....the headlights would go out entirely. I believe I have a bad relay. It is late and I have not looked at the fuses yet ...but I expect to find a goofed up relay. Any one have this happen?

I'm guessing the square silver relay on the board under the dash. All of my headlights (on) problems have been that thing. My headlights still don't close but at least they pop up and turn on now.
cooltimes
Probably no better info about your problem than this link:
http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/9...dlamp_motor.htm

Jim knows his stuff.

MikeCool
HeloMech
QUOTE(cooltimes @ Jul 24 2006, 10:40 AM) *

Probably no better info about your problem than this link:
http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/9...dlamp_motor.htm

Jim knows his stuff.

MikeCool

Ok, I replaced my Hi/Low beam relay (the silver one under the dash) tonight. Actually a VW replacement which has the same for connections, plus a separate hot wire. Hooked it all up and it works great. While I had the fuse block out, I pulled the headlight switch. Apparently this was an issue before with the PO as well. He has a wire jumper in there on the headlights switch. I pulled one side of the jumper and tapped it around things... (shhhh!). Lights would flicker, then, all of a sudden the motors jumped to close. I touched that spot again and my headlights closed down. So, new relay and hi/low beams work. Just need to get a new headlight switch and my motors will open AND close the doors. yay!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.