914 dror
hye
i need to know how do i take out the rear glass - i need to replace the
the rubber seal
does any one know how?

thanks

dror
Bleyseng
Remove the seats, backpad, inside side targa covers, top pad and then lift it out. Use a wire to cut the butyl rope seal if its still glued in spots. Replace the seal and stick the glass back in.
Carlitos Way
There's an excellent article in the classics thread on this process. It was written by Eric Shea and published on Excellence magazine, if I remember correctly. It is a well written, step by step article. MOST IMPRESSIVE (as just about anythin Eric does).
914 dror
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Jul 24 2006, 03:18 PM) *

Remove the seats, backpad, inside side targa covers, top pad and then lift it out. Use a wire to cut the butyl rope seal if its still glued in spots. Replace the seal and stick the glass back in.

Thanks
Do I need to use RTV or any other stiky stuff?

dror
914 dror
QUOTE(Carlitos Way @ Jul 24 2006, 03:25 PM) *

There's an excellent article in the classics thread on this process. It was written by Eric Shea and published on Excellence magazine, if I remember correctly. It is a well written, step by step article. MOST IMPRESSIVE (as just about anythin Eric does).

Thanks
do you have a link to that article?

dror
GWN7
click on 914 forums.....scroll down the page to classic meassage threads...click on that.....there are two pages of great information...the thread your looking for is on the first page....

or http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=15821
Loser_Cruiser
That thread was excellent. I was able to do it in an afternoon. The hardest part for me was finding the tape. Nobody seemed to know what i was talking about and looked like i was the stupid one.
914 dror
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Jul 25 2006, 09:53 AM) *

click on 914 forums.....scroll down the page to classic meassage threads...click on that.....there are two pages of great information...the thread your looking for is on the first page....

or http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=15821

Thanks
very good link, but i`ve checked around and no body here
knows any thing about that tape.
all the glass places use this black R.T.V silicon
what do you think should i ?
grasshopper
you can pick it up at NAPA if you have it.
sww914
Any autobody supply will have Butyl Tape. It's available in several different thicknesses. I don't know which is right for a 914, the article mentioned should tell you.
It's not expensive, around $20.00 a roll.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.