Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: East to West
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jasfsmith
I'm readying to make my east to west coast trek to the PCA Parade in Portland, OR.

If anyone is willing to be my security blanket in case something fails, please PM me. I'll be departing Maine traveling through Montreal, Ottawa, Sault Saint Marie, Duluth, St. Cloud, Sioux Falls, Rapid City, Cody, Idaho Falls, Boise and Bend, with a few detours along the way.

Tentatively I'm planning on returning through Canada on the Trans Candian Highway.
MoveQik
Contact Greg Robbins. He has an emergency contact list. Good luck!
Joe Ricard
Well I'm fine with providing road side assist for 200 miles from Pascagoula and you can rest your head here anytime.

Might be a bit of a detour though
swl
Do you have a rough idea of schedule. You'll be passing a bit north of me but I can cover you from Ottawa to Peterboro.
Chogokin
if you need parts in the Rapid City area I may be able to pull some strings with my Dad in Custer.
gregrobbins
Follow the link at the bottom of this post and I can get you set up with a list.

Now, guys/gals on the northern routes, we need more participation on the list. Sure could use more help in Canada, and the northern states. Please consider becoming a part of this list and offer help to others. You don't have to be a mechanic to be on the list. A willingness to help, a phone/computer, and a cold drink can go a long way to helping someone get back on the road.
GWN7
I have truck/trailer and tools ect for the Northern return leg of the trip if needed.
Jasfsmith
QUOTE(swl @ Jul 24 2006, 07:57 AM) *

Do you have a rough idea of schedule. You'll be passing a bit north of me but I can cover you from Ottawa to Peterboro.

Leaving this Wednesday with a stay overnights planned in Ottawa, Sault Saint Marie, Duluth, Sioux Falls, Rapid City, Cody, Boise, Roseburg. Retracing our trip to the '80 Portland Parade.

I've a fair hand at mechnicals, and don't anticipate a problem. Always nice to know that someone can be called for advise on serivce and parts support in a given location when needed.
gregrobbins
James, I have sent you three emails and they keep getting bounced back. I am on vacation and sending from an unsecure network in a hotel and I am guessing your security setting are too high to let my email in.

Email me at: greg.robbins@cox.net and see if you can figure something out.
Jasfsmith
QUOTE(gregrobbins @ Jul 24 2006, 11:49 AM) *

James, I have sent you three emails and they keep getting bounced back. I am on vacation and sending from an unsecure network in a hotel and I am guessing your security setting are too high to let my email in.

Email me at: greg.robbins@cox.net and see if you can figure something out.

Email sent.

Thanks.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.