Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Backpad
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ffranktly
just checked AutoAtlanta for a backpad. a "new" one is 2007.00 a used one only 800.00
pissoff.gif WTF.gif
Bleyseng
HPH has them last I checked.

Post on in the classifeds for one.
horizontally-opposed
Found a pretty nice one on Craigslist for $25, then was able to mix and match the three sections with my old one to make a near-perfect backpad...

At those prices, you could have a good upholstery shop re-do it in chinchilla.

I'd re-do a bad one over buying anything over $200-400.

pete
Bleyseng
The key is having a solid backing part as the ones that got wet have rotted away at the bottom. Finding ones with decent vinyl is fairly easy.
Mueller
QUOTE(ffranktly @ Jul 24 2006, 08:11 AM) *

just checked AutoAtlanta for a backpad. a "new" one is 2007.00 a used one only 800.00
pissoff.gif WTF.gif

have you "tried" to see what a Porsche dealer would ask? blink.gif

Common practice among the "brick and mortar" P-car suppliers is to take the current factory price and for a used item just cut the price in half...this way you get a warm and fuzzy feeling when they tell you "see, I'm selling it to you for half of what the dealer wants for it, I'm doing you a favor, you should thank me for it" hahahaha

(I'm betting the new backpad is NLA, yet they somehow have prices for them)

check out morphenspectra's posts in the Resource section, he does great work.

Bleyseng
Check out PP-$1448.00

http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/dbsql/...=91455506112702
ffranktly
thanks for all the info guys!
GWN7
McMark had about 6 of them .......he did say Monday they were into the bin......
McMark
And away they went. They weren't in great shape, but I always feel very guilty tossing 914 parts away. sad.gif
elwood-914
Keep your eyes open, I bought one from Korijo (Dave) for $50. Their out there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.