Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Here's a ballsy move
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Part Pricer
Just saw this post on the Pelican 914 Parts Classifieds.

Used 914 parts:70-76, u need it, we can help u

It's not unusual until you realize the identity of the poster.
ChrisReale
Wonder how long it will last there...?
He failes to mention they wont sell you anything if it doesnt add up to $20, even if the grand total is around $15..... bs.gif
Red-Beard
Wayne is out of the country....

Maybe Dave D will do something.... ar15.gif
Mark Henry
That takes balls!!

Imagine if Wayne took out a domain name for AA and tried that shit....

Oh ya...he did do that....never mind.
Aaron Cox
thats like doing your best friends girl...... wink.gif
seanery
no, it's like doing your neighbor's girl laugh.gif
kdfoust
Hmmm, that's interesting.

I do business with GPR all the time and didn't know they sold used parts. BTW, they normally beat Pelican on price.

Have fun,
Kevin
JeffBowlsby
I would hope that there is mutual respect between Wayne and Dave...they probably go back a long ways...and they both love and support the 914.

I didnt know GPR had used 914 parts either. But I know Pelican doesn't offer used parts anymore, so I don't really see the issue or conflict.

If Daves ad brings folks to Pelicans website...thats good for both of them...They are really offering two different things, and they both support the 914, which is good in my book anyday. Now if GPR were offering the same parts as Pelican in this ad that would be way different...

It is a gutsy move though you gotta admit...
rhodyguy
others have been chided for doing the same thing, sort of. it's the "used" parts. in a back handed manner they would not be competing for "new" part sales. on dave, he was VERY co-operative on the valance deal. dave sent a return slip on their nickel. i've had a number of instances where that was not the case.

kevin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.