Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Source for old Honda Civic exhaust parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
smontanaro
We have an '83 Honda Civic wagon that our son drives. It needs exhaust work in order to pass IL inspection. Chris took it to a local muffler chain. They wanted $1000 to do the work, at least in part because they would have to special order all the parts from multiple suppliers. (Seemed to me that it would be less than $1k if they bent all the pipes themselves and slapped on a generic muffler.) Does anyone have any places I might source exhaust bits for this vehicle?

Thanks,

Skip
tdgray
Try a dealer. Back in 80's I had an old Civic (74 IIRC) and it needed a new muffler etc.

They ordered the whole thing for me from front to back. Even came all welded together. I'm thinking it was not more than $200.00 back then.

$1,000 - that's insane. Try a different shop.
So.Cal.914
If used but in good shape is fine try a forign car auto dismantler. There has to be

a zillion of them out there.
Dave_Darling
The 4th gen Civic is harder now to find parts for than ten years ago. I know people who are into the equivalent-year CRX, which is sort of a two-seater Civic... You might poke around on http://www.redpepperracing.com ; the mid-80s CRX guys love them and they might have an idea about the Wagon stuff too.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.