Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: california smog law change, DANGER!!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dmenche914
mad.gif

Just picked this off the 356 Registry page, and confirmed it on the California State legislature page;

Senator Flores has introduced SB 708 to the Legislature, that would require smog tests in California on all cars up to 45 years old, this means all the way back to 1960 cars (law would take effect in 2005) This would screw all 914 owners (even the old 356's would be required to pass smog!!)

any modifications, or engine changes would probably cause you to fail the test.

This is too bad, as we had just recently acheived a 30 year rolling exemption (ie 1974 cars are now exempt) But this rotten SOB senator Flores if he gets his way will screw us all.

I urge each and every one of you Californians to contact Flores, and your own senators, legislature, and demand that Senate Bill SB 708 be voted down.

This bill can be read in full on the state legislature web site.

Tell all your friends, even non-914 friends (even I have a few of those) as this will effect all cars newer than 1960, so get the hot rodder down the street, the guy with the little british car, or anyone else with an older car to flood the legislature with protests.

You can look up your local legislature representative on the Web, email, and call, write a letter, and tell your friends, this MUST be stopped.

Senator Flores numbers: Sacramento office; 916 445-4641, Fresno Office, 559 264-3070

Those from out of state, do not laugh, these over zelous dictators maybe coming to your fair state next.

dave menche
Brad Roberts
Mr Minche. Welcome to the board.

How many 914's do you have right now ??

I have a friend who needs a decent chassis... do you have anything ??

How is the V6 914 ??

How is the Ghia ??

How is the Bus ??

How is the Bug ??

How is the 356 ??

Did I miss any ?? LOL

Hey Dave. Glad you found the club site. I had almost forgotten about you.

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.