Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Throw Out Bearing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
2-OH!
I ordered a Throw Out Bearing for the 73 I'm currently restoring but due to a job change and move, It's been a year in the garage...Saturday I was going to install the Throw Out Bearing and stab the transmission...

The bearing will not fit over the guide tube that was original equipment on the transmission...Do I have the wrong TOB ??? It's the same Guide tube that was on the transmission and working fine before the teardown...Maybe I have just forgotten how to install the TOB...As I remember, It should slide down the shaft of the tube...Unless it fits over the guide tube, the fork will not reach it's mounting ball...

Physically it looks correct but the I.D of the bearing will not fit over the O.D. of the Guide Tube...

The Part number on the TOB I have is 04-3151-132-132 SACHS...

Any thoughts...

2-OH!
Cap'n Krusty
What's the Porsche number on the box? The Cap'n
2-OH!
Cap'n:

The only part number on the box is the SACHs number...Same on as on the unit itself...

Does anyone know if SACHS has a web site or a cross reference book that takes it from their number to the Porsche number ?????

2-OH!
Cap'n Krusty
Put a picture up and lemme look at it. The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.