Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heated Seats
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ArtechnikA
it appears i'll be driving the 911 well into wintertime although i hope to limit its actual exposure to salt.
and while the flat-6 engine produces adequate heat -eventually- the no-load warmup takes a while, even if i fix the hand throttle... so i've bought one of these and i'll be trying to fit it into my Sparco Evo seat this weekend. i figure it'll spend most of its time in the right seat during touring season, to give the pax a break, but it's also for use by the primary driver (moi) in the winter time until actual load-driven exhaust-powered heat-exchanger heat makes its presence in the cabin.

for $60, it's probably "better than nothing" ... it's a Costco.com item, i bet it's available through other retailers at similar deals - but i haven't gone searching. that is left as an exercise to the interested ...

[edited - fixed a couple of typos ...]
campbellcj
Looks like a good plan Rich - I know how those early heaters are from personal experience. With no blowers and minimal ducting/outlets, your feet can be about to catch fire whilst your torso is growing ice crystals.

Naysayers be damned...I have a fondness for heated seats and we have them in the Audi and the LandCrusher. Even here in "Sunny SoCal" we saw frosty low-30's mornings quite a few times last winter, and even the 40's and 50's make leather seats mighty nippley first thing in the morning before the java hits its mark.
djm914-6
Another idea for the more technically inclined...

Find a used VW (or other) seat with heating elements and use those. A friend installed race seats in his GTI, but wanted to keep the bun warmers. He removed the stock seat covers and the heaters, unstiched the Sparco and instaled the heat pads. Snug fit plus warm buns; what more could you ask for.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.