Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Performance Coatings
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Britain Smith
I am wanting to have the 2.0L heads on my turbo motor coated with a thermal barrier. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to have this done and how much it should/will cost? Better yet, does anyone have a shop that does this?

-Britain
TimT
Swaintech jet hot, and airborne keep poking up

Swain actualy offers some tech stuff... even though most of these coatings manufacturers websites suck swain wins for me
Bleyseng
Is that a good idea? I thought piston tops was ok but the heads?

Geoff
Mueller
Pay to have it done by a professional is all I can say

.....my coating on the top of my "homedone" pistons is flaking off. The heads held up okay, so I must have done something wrong to the piston surface or prep......

of course, running the car with an A/F ratio of 17:1 might have caused some of the damage.......glad I got the car onto a dyno before "real" damage happened.
DuckRyder
I've had good luck with Jet Hot.

I'm thinking Turbo headers will need the "2000" coating.

A set of V-8 headers are 225.00 inside and out IIRC.
Blynes
I used Jet-Hot on my headers.

Great job. Easy to deal with.

Bill
RON S.
Britain,
Try calling a company called PolyDyn performance coatings.They are out in Houston I think.Web site is www.polydyn.com
I used them back in the early '90s while doing some weekend mini-stock racing.They did many internal engine parts for me,of various types.An example on a piston.Thermal barrier on top,wear coating on skirts,and a teflon coating underneath the piston only came to about $10.00 per piston.We also did an oil absorbant coating on all the rod&main brg's.You'll have to adjust for proper clearances or you'll sieze a crank like we did the first time we toyed with coatings.Once we sorted that issue out and started over,I will say our engine did run 5-10 degrees cooler with the coatings while we raced it.
They'll send you free info.
Ron
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.