Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Topless at Tahoe
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
slapshot914
So, Saturday morning the forecast was for HOT. A road trip to Tahoe was in order. It was great. The Lake is 20 minutes from my house and the temp is 20 degrees cooler, off I went.

Took a side trip up to Mt Rose Summit.

Lunch at the Bridge Tender in Tahoe City (food is good and the waitress-wow).

slapshot914
Down the road to Emerald Bay, and up the ridge between Emearld Bay and Cascade Lake. No room for error. Down the 10 mph hairpins and into the hell hole of South Lake Tahoe. Nothing like stop and go traffic to ruin an otherwise great day.

Mueller
nice !!!!!!

1st time I drove that section my palms started to sweat blink.gif
Aaron Cox
im gonna merge these 2 threads.... you can post all your pics in the same thread...
merrill
Next time give a ring. Or better yet, follow my open house signs! I met a teener owner from Tahoe Donner while setting up signs in Truckee Saturday morning. Boy was it hot in Truckee! The lake was about 10 degrees cooler.
Dr. Roger
dang those are great shots. thanks! =-)

emerald bay is starting to look like I-80 in the East Bay at rush hour.... LOL

well close. =-)

did you know they have some kayak/canoe/boat-in only camping over to the left on that emerald bay pic???

i still want to do that sometime soon.....
erikstoll
beautiful pics
another local w/ a 914
Hammy
Nice car. beautiful area.

Who has the red 914 in Tahoe City? I was there last month and saw it twice going down the main road, topless. I was a 75 1.8 I believe. Nice car aswell.
Tobra
Dude, you live right by the old Ferrari hill climb road, 243 or 241, whatever it is, you could run up and down to Deadeye Gulch, or whatever the name of that place at the top is called.

Mt Rose Highway, best scenic overlook on the lake, except for the fire lookout by CalNeva, but you have to walk to that.

I have cross country skied up to that overlook from Incline Village
slapshot914
QUOTE(Tobra @ Jul 25 2006, 08:38 AM) *

Dude, you live right by the old Ferrari hill climb road, 243 or 241, whatever it is, you could run up and down to Deadeye Gulch, or whatever the name of that place at the top is called.

Mt Rose Highway, best scenic overlook on the lake, except for the fire lookout by CalNeva, but you have to walk to that.

I have cross country skied up to that overlook from Incline Village

That'd be SR 341. Been there, done that. Great event and a great drive. Just watch out for the local constabulary. They don't take kindly to unofficial hill climb events.

Your right about the Mt Rose hwy scenic overlook. Took a picture from there to, but it didn't really turn out good. Too much guard rail.
slapshot914
QUOTE(erikstoll @ Jul 24 2006, 07:44 PM) *

beautiful pics
another local w/ a 914

Eric, your avatar makes me wonder if you run a sled team. Couple of friends of ours run dogs up at Hope Valley. Also a great drive if the CHP isn't watching. Still burned about that, but that's another story. Alpine County is richer, and I'm poorer.
erikstoll
QUOTE(slapshot914 @ Jul 25 2006, 10:47 AM) *

QUOTE(erikstoll @ Jul 24 2006, 07:44 PM) *

beautiful pics
another local w/ a 914

Eric, your avatar makes me wonder if you run a sled team. Couple of friends of ours run dogs up at Hope Valley. Also a great drive if the CHP isn't watching. Still burned about that, but that's another story. Alpine County is richer, and I'm poorer.

nope no sled team for me, just a cool lookin road sign. I need to pick me up a teener now, bad =(
type47fan
Semi hijacked.gif

We'll be making our semi annual trek to the lake and will be at the north shore from 8/5 - 8/13. Any interest in trying to get together during that time?

We drive up from southern California on US395 and take Hwy 50 from Carson City up to Hwy 28 around the lake to Kings Beach.

I like going through the remains of the Harrah car collection in Reno sometime while I'm in the area. We usually raft down the Truckee and then eat at the River Ranch, kayak on the lake around Crystal Bay (see attached picture of my 15 year old last year), take in a Shakespeare performance one night at Sand Harbor, etc, etc, etc. . . . There's no lack of great things to do in the summer up there. The lake level is really up this year, too.

Good times!
Tobra
Here is one on the same road from last year's Alpine 500.

You ought to swing by CalNeva next year and check it out, we run from Sacto up to there, some awesome rides
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.