Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Swap Meet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
grasshopper
The main event will be held on saturday, so there is nothing planned for friday. Do you think it would be possible to have a swap meet friday from 4:00PM to 8:00PM? Ideas! I need to know if anyone is ever interested in me setting one up and getting permission with the hotel. Thanks, Barry Fuller
Brett W
If guys are bringing their cars I think it would be kinda tough to fit much stuff in a teener for a swap meet.
grasshopper
I was thinking about that also, but I was also thinking that some of the Atlanta and North Georgia people might want to get rid of some of their parts.
D1A3
Why don't we post what we have/want and if someone is interested, you can bring it and make the deal?
grasshopper
Thats a pretty good idea. I was thinking just make this part of the official schedual, and if it happens, it happens, and if not a single person shows up...well, I'll be there with my stuff biggrin.gif
grasshopper
Ok, I am going to make an executive decision, and say YES. If anyone shows up with parts, I will be there also with my parts, so if it happens it happens, and if not..then it doesn't. We need to get this show on the road, that is why I made such a quick decision.
krazykonrad
I dont think I can make it by 4 but maybe by 8. Maybe doing the swap meet later in the weekend would work out better, but you know the schedule better than I do.
Thanks for organizing what is going to be one awesome event!!! beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
Konrad 72/4
grasshopper
hey, jason (D1A3) suggested that we meet at andrettie speedway in roswell(??) and doing the swap meet there, instead of people having to drag their parts all the way up to helen. I thought it was a pretty good idea, and I am pretty sure that it is the way we are going to go with this thing.
D1A3
If anyone has a turn signal switch (stalk) for a 75 or 76 914 and would like to bring it, I'm interested.

Mine had a bad wire at some point and burned up, melting some plastic. It works, but something does not ground just right... I figure I'll just replace the whole thing.
grasshopper
I have one. Hey Jason, I'm calling them today to make sure they will let us do it there. I am going to be bringing two eight foot tables, and one nice sized fold up tent, The tent will have most of the event stuff, the goodie bags, extra shirts, door prizes, and some of my stuff to sell. I am seeing if we can get a banner made for the event. Maybe use some of the money we got from Hennessy?
D1A3
Hi Barry,

Yes, please brign it if is for a 75-76. they changed for 75-76 and that is the one I need. An earlier one will nto work for me.

I coudl also use some of the rubber targa top holders for the trunk, the black ones in the rear, in case you or anyone else has any in decent shape. Mine started to crack and split this summer.

Thanks,
Jason
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.