Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Saturday Rally
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
grasshopper
Hey guys, another subforum here. This one is designated to making up the route. I want something that will take most of the day. 150-200 miles or so. We would need a lunch stop on the way, where we could stop for a few hours or so, and set up the cars for a photo shoot. This forum is pretty much directed to Jake Raby, and Jason (D1A3). I have not been to the area in a few years, so I dont know the roads very well. Thanks, Barry Fuller
grasshopper
icon_bump.gif Jason??
D1A3
Hi Folks,

I have a PDF file (1MB) that can be emailed to you if you PM me for feedback. A high level route is noted below (see a map for general roads, or PM me for details):

ROUTE "A"
Day 1:

6:00 PM: Leave Andretti Speedlab and head to Helen
7:30 PM: Arrive at Hotel
8:00 PM: Meet for Dinner at "Fine Bavarian Establishment"

Day 2:
8:00 AM: Leave Helen and arrive at Jake's Shop
10:00 AM: Head up to Deal's Gap (TN)
12:30 PM: Lunch at Fort Loudon (http://www.fortloudoun.com)
2:00 PM: Depart and drive through Great Smoky Mountain Park
5:15 PM: Arrive in Cherokee, NC (break for Dinner/Sight seeing???)
6:45 PM: Head back to Helen
9:00 PM: Arrive in Helen

Day 3:
Breakfast and head home!

ROUTE "B"
Day 1: SAME as "A"

Day 2:
12:30 Lunch at Fort Loudon
2:00: Leave for Madison -> Tellico Plains -> Ducktown -> Blueridge -> Helen
6:45: Arrive in Helen

Day 3: Same as "A"

Just some thoughts...

--Jason

D1A3
Hi Everybody,

I've optimized the proposed route further and welcome any feedback...

Day 1:

~5:30: Leave Andretti and drive to Hellen
~6:45: Arrive at Comfort Inn in Helen

Day 2:

8:00: Leave Comfort Inn to Jake's Shop
10:00: Leave Jakes Shop (Highway 129 to Robbinsville/Deal's Gap)
12:30: Arrive at Deal's Gap

LUNCH /Driving

2:00: Drive 129 to 72, Arrive at Fort Loudoun (Optional, guaging interest)
3:30: Drive Hwy 411 to Madisonville to Hwy 68
4:15: Arrive in Ducktown area and turn on Hwy 64/74 -> Hwy 129 -> Hwy 64 -> Hwy 69/17/75
~5:45-6:00: Arrive back in Helen
7:00: Dinner at Alt Heidelberg Restaurant

Day 3:

11:00: wake up and head home!

I have a PDF of this route again if anyone wants me to email it to them, just PM me with your email.

--Jason
grasshopper
Jason! PERFECT! clap56.gif do you have an idea of a place for lunch??? National park, scenic lookout...?? Thanks for you effort!
D1A3
Gauging the drive times, I'm thinking we eat lunch somehwere close to Deal's Gap. There should be a LOT of people up that way on Saturday and great views. So plenty for us to see and visit. I'm asking around if anyone knwos a specific spot, but nothing yet.

Does your dad's email have the same problems with attachment s yours is having? I can send you the PDF to his account.

--Jason
grasshopper
I havn't asked him yet.... I dont know why its not opening...It has been getting worse and worse. Now I cant open up ANY emails... If you want to contact me over email, please use the hotmail address now..until I can figure out how to fix the other. BTW, I am in Atlanta now.
D1A3
All,

Below is a high level overview of the route that we are currently working with. Feedback is welcome from anyone and I'd like to freeze the route by September 1st in order to secure printing of the SEC 2006 Programs.

If you are interested in more detailed directions, please PM or email me with your email address.

Click to view attachment

--Jason
grasshopper
That is great Jason, go ahead and freeze it. We will need to have the picture of the map, and we will need written directions of it too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.