Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: audi viewing tonight
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brant
My wife let me sneak away for a while tonight...
so I went and looked at this:
brant
sorry for the large volume of pics.
I want to save a few details for later reference.
brant
and:
brant
and:
brant
and:
brant
and:
brant
and:
brant
and:
wertygrog
hmmmm those tall "shark fins" baffle me....are there air ducts in them, or do they serve a more obscure aerodynamic purpose.....or maybe they keep your brewskis cold?? beats me! biggrin.gif

brent
brant
and:
brant
and:
brant
interesting diffusor stuff:
brant
and:
brant
finally:
brant
QUOTE(wertygrog @ Jul 24 2006, 11:19 PM) *

hmmmm those tall "shark fins" baffle me....are there air ducts in them, or do they serve a more obscure aerodynamic purpose.....or maybe they keep your brewskis cold?? beats me! biggrin.gif

brent

I would guess that its some obscure rule requirement.
similar to the obviously required "passenger" space.

but I dunno.... maybe its aero.
what do I know.

(you can bet I'm taking notes for when I build my next lemans car.... ha)

brant
Britain Smith
This is a cross-post from the bird site...

Here are some pictures that a guy at PIR took this last weekend...

-Britain

ALML at PIR on PP

Britain Smith
More
Britain Smith
Last
brant
Britian,

thanks for adding those.
I was especially interested in the diffusor design and those are some priceless shots!

cool.
thanks
brant
Eric Taylor
That TDI Power is great. I really think Audi is making a great statement with the TDI power. I personally think that TDI is the best solution right now for the energy issue. The power that they are able to produce is amazing and the milage is even better. I read a great article on audiworld about what audi is trying to do with TDI in america and hopefully it goes through. I know I would put my name down for an audi with a TDI motor.

Eric
Jeroen
excellent pics!
thanks for posting
Gint
Thanks for the pics Britain. We were hoping they would take an engine cover off, but they never did. It just sat there in the showroom while they served whine to the Audi club members. wink.gif
Part Pricer
I went to what looks like a similar event two years ago. At that time, they had the R8 on display.

I was standing there talking to Randy Pobst. Randy was driving one of the Audi sedans at the time. Anyway, I casually asked Randy if I could climb into the R8 and get a feel for the cockpit. He called someone over and the person took down the "velvet ropes" and helped me into the car. It was very compact but not uncomfortable. Everything was situated so you could hit any control with minimal effort.

Well, the other people at the event saw what was going on and quickly formed a line without being told to do so. For the next hour and a half, it was a constant stream of people in and out of the car.

The people from Audi were great. Their attitude was, "If it can withstand 24 hours at LeMans, it's not going to break by letting people sit in it."

iamchappy
By the looks of the fuel injectors it appears the engine has CIS or MFI which I would find surprising it this was true.
Now looking at it again there does seem to be an electrical connector on the fuel rail?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.