Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Accelerator Pedal Issues
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bertus
I replaced the bushings on my pedal cluster because the ones for the accelerator where completely gone. Then the coupling would not stay attached, so I got a new throttle crank that included the "cup" piece that attaches to the cluster. Stays on better but it still disconects anytime I raise the pedal up, because right now it lays too low, when I install the floorboard there won'e be enough travel in the pdeal to get any significant acceleration. Does not appear to be any slop in the pedal itself.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
URY914
Here is a picture of the pivot piece. It's broken in the pic but I welded it up to fix it. The rod from the pedal attches to one ball and the cable attaches on the other ball. Is your problem that the socket on the pedal rod is coming off of the ball on this pivot piece?
URY914
If the problem is that the ball is slipping out of the socket. Put the socket in a vise and VERY gently put some pressure on it to close it up about .0001 of an inch.
Bertus
QUOTE(URY914 @ Jul 25 2006, 04:50 AM) *

If the problem is that the ball is slipping out of the socket. Put the socket in a vise and VERY gently put some pressure on it to close it up about .0001 of an inch.

Yep that is the problem, I'll give that a try. Thanks!
East coaster
Check the little spring clip inside the socket. I've seen them get gummed up, worn, missing, etc... and that let's it fall off.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.