Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: jacking front end
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
machina
thanks to paul, I'm a tranny jacker now.

I like to live on the edge...

how about the front, anyway to raise both front wheels at the same time?

tia
dr
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(synthesisdv @ Oct 16 2003, 07:09 AM)
how about the front, anyway to raise both front wheels at the same time?

i use a 4' section of 1x12, under the forward part of the torsion bar housing of the A-arm. (by the front caps.)
machina
thanks rich, guess Im going to need a lower jack, or I could roll the car up on some 2x8's

dr
J P Stein
OK, you're on the road to decadence.
Now for the front.

12 X 12 X 3/4 plywood over the floor jack cup.....real hi-tech is a 1/4 steel plate welded to it....but that's not important now. Slide that puppy under the factory tow thingy (where it attaches to the body) and have at it.

If it "oilcans" the trunk floor, just jump up and down on it. Ulf luvs to be treated rough....the slut laugh.gif
URY914
I just reach down and pick the front and kick the jack stands under it. cool_shades.gif

But really, folks. I put the jack under one torsion bar tube and lift it. I don't think it hurts anything. Your results my differ.

Paul
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(URY914 @ Oct 16 2003, 11:00 AM)
I just reach down and pick the front and kick the jack stands under it. cool_shades.gif
Paul

When I first read this post I thought, What the ...!
Then I saw who it was that posted. The guy with the helium filled roll cage. Paul, the new paint looks great. Nice new avatar! clap56.gif
URY914
Thanks,
The Fire Dept. stopped by the other day and now they want me to paint thier trucks for them. laugh.gif sad.gif cool.gif

Paul
dryheat914
Paul,
Looks awesome, Hope to see pictures of it flying down the road.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.