Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: computer people
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
grasshopper
Hey guys, I have a problem with my computer. Our virus protection went down for a day or so, and we updated then, but I think that microsoft photodraw got corrupted during that time. That is where i resize are of my photo's, so I cant really do anything without it. I can save the picture as a photodraw file, and everything works fine. If I try and save it as a JPEG file, it completely deletes the file from the computer. I just dissapears WTF.gif I have done searches for the files and have never found a single one after photodraw did its thing. Right now I have a few files that I need to be changed to JPEG, can I email these pics to someone and have them resize?? Thanks, Barry Fuller
Jenny
I can resize at work, so for the next two hours, you can email me any pics that need resizing and let me know the size.

PM sent.

Jen
Jenny
Okay, I'm an idiot. I can't even get these files to open!! Can someone else here help Barry out?

Jen
anthony
Our virus protection went down for a day or so, and we updated then, but I think that microsoft photodraw got corrupted during that time.

I don't get how your anti virus goes down for a day? It definitely sounds like you have one of those viruses that deletes every .jpg file. I'd run a full scan asap with a fully updated anti-virus program.

I'd also recommend IRfanView for basic photo editing. It's a free program and works very well.
mightyohm
QUOTE(anthony @ Jul 25 2006, 03:33 PM) *

I'd also recommend IRfanView for basic photo editing. It's a free program and works very well.

agree.gif Everyone should have this program.
Rand
Photodraw's native format is a .mix file. Proprietary and uncommon. And unfortunately, obsolete. Irfanview is great, but may not be able to open a Photodraw image.

HOWEVER... Barry, what happens if you "save as" another common format, such as .bmp? If that works, then Irfanview (or Jenny smile.gif ) could convert that to jpeg for you. Try saving as a couple different formats just to see if the bug only happens when saving as jpeg.
Jenny
yes, yes!! I've never encountered a .mix file before

Jen
grasshopper
QUOTE(Rand @ Jul 25 2006, 03:09 PM) *

Photodraw's native format is a .mix file. Proprietary and uncommon. And unfortunately, obsolete. Irfanview is great, but may not be able to open a Photodraw image.

HOWEVER... Barry, what happens if you "save as" another common format, such as .bmp? If that works, then Irfanview (or Jenny smile.gif ) could convert that to jpeg for you. Try saving as a couple different formats just to see if the bug only happens when saving as jpeg.

I have tried saving it as another type of file. Once I bring the file into photodraw, I can only save it as a photodraw file. Otherwise it is delted. It will not save as anything else....
grasshopper
QUOTE(anthony @ Jul 25 2006, 02:33 PM) *

Our virus protection went down for a day or so, and we updated then, but I think that microsoft photodraw got corrupted during that time.

I don't get how your anti virus goes down for a day? It definitely sounds like you have one of those viruses that deletes every .jpg file. I'd run a full scan asap with a fully updated anti-virus program.

We have norton, and it kept saying it needed to be renewed, but we never did it until it finally expired headbang.gif so we were without a virus protection for a day or two. We have done system scans, and the computer comes up perfect....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.