Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NPC: F'n chrysler POS problem
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tat2dphreak
ok, my 99 Sebring (don't laugh, it's bad enough without that) has developed a tic of dying, without warning or cause...

I'll be going along at 45-50, or making a turn, or ??? and the bitch just up and dies on me...

I took it to the dealer, and it's not throwing any codes, so they are saying they can't fix anything because they can't replicate the issue( funny, I use that excuse in software development too at times ) so I'm stuck with a car that sporatically dies..

I've gone through 3 tanks of gas with this issue, thinking it may have been bad gas... but it's still happening...

any ideas? know any good mopar mechanics(besides dealers) that could fix what the dealer can't find?
MarkV
The wife had a car (not a dodge) that did that. Turned out to be the crank position sensor.
tat2dphreak
that's what another guy mentioned... but the Dodge guy said it would throw a code at start-up if that was the case...

if it keeps happening, I'll change the crank pos. sensor for giggles and see if the problem goes away.... $200 part...
tat2dphreak
headbang.gif headbang.gif died agin on the way to work today...

is it possibly a transmission problem? it almost acts like a manual that dies when it's in too high of a gear and you don't down shift for a turn... today I was coming out of a turn, merging with traffic(dangerous time to die), I gave it gas and the bitch died! I kicked it into Neutral and it started back up(no key, like a push-start) without really slowing down... WTF.gif
nomore9one4
QUOTE(MarkV @ Jul 25 2006, 02:41 PM) *

The wife had a car (not a dodge) that did that. Turned out to be the crank position sensor.

agree.gif I have heard sometimes it will not throw the code for one reason or another. It may also be bad or dirty fuel injectors. confused24.gif
tat2dphreak
cool... I'll tough it out this week, and take it in next week and have them replace that crank sensor anyway... if nothing else it eliminates one thing...

the injectors/throttle body shouldn't be the issue, the dealer just cleaned all that up when I had it in for the 75k mile maintenance... that was only 18k miles ago
nomore9one4
I just talked to my neighbor.He has a 2002 Monte Carlo. Had the exact same problems. Had it in the shop 3 times with no luck of them fixing it. A customer was in there and told him he had the came problem a year before and they replaced the crank position sensor and it fixed his problem. It never came up on code.I would bet that is the problem. beerchug.gif
tat2dphreak
sure sounds like it... it pisses me off and can be scary.. .

I had an old truck that would die at stop signs when it was warming up... it pissed me off so much...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.