Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Get turbo valve covers off w/out completely dropping engine...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
smontanaro
So I have something going on with the six-hole on my engine. Everything I've been told to do or can think of doing to try and diagnose/solve the problem starts with a valve adjustment. No problem, except the car's got turbo valve covers that were never cut for 914 suspension clearance. If possible, I'd really like to avoid completely dropping the engine. I was thinking... idea.gif

Do you think it would be possible to loosen/undo the engine and transmission mount on the right side, gently lower the engine just enough (maybe only a couple inches?) to get the lower valve cover off, raise the engine and tighten the mounts, then repeat the procedure on the left side?

I'll try just about anything to lessen the jackstand time and reduce the chances they become permanently bonded to the underside of the car. That said, if I need to drop the engine, I need to drop the engine...

Skip
lapuwali
Buy one of the floorjack thingies that support the bottom of the 911 engine, then you can lower the entire engine a bit fairly easily. However, since you're going to be doing this again when you have to do your valves, you might just lower the engine now and fix the valve covers...
iamchappy
Use a tiny file.
Joe Bob
Dremel......
Gint
BTDT. Yes, it can be done that way.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.