Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The 914 bar project is complete
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nomore9one4
It took several years of collecting unusable parts,but it is finally finished. I originally wanted to do a complete side,but I did not have enough room in the gameroom for it. I settled for alittle less. All parts were of no use to a 914 anylonger. The taillights were made from about 5 different lenses and do light up..All panels were rusted out and filled with wood putty for ease of sanding. I also made the trunk lid operational so it can be removed and the trunk can be used as a ice chest to hold all the tasty beverages beer3.gif Notice the footrest,every 914 bar needs a jackstand foot rest. Now all I need to do is finish the kitchen so I can build the gameroom around the bar. And I don't even drink blink.gif Thanks to all who donated parts Jim Kelly#1(trunklid) Jim Kelly jk76.914(bumper bolts) Lou W (914 emblem) And all the 914's who lost the battle of life beerchug.gif
Lou W
Looks great beerchug.gif
G e o r g e
i like it beerchug.gif

it gets you thinking of other possibilities jsharp.gif perhaps

KaptKaos
laugh.gif Love the jack stands!
grasshopper
awsome!!! clap56.gif
iamchappy
WOW, I want one for my shop. Group buy, please save your sawsall teeners for this nicely done..
Joe Bob
Since you can't GIVE away those late bumpers....good use.
d7n7master
drunk.gif 2 not drink beer3.gif & build a 914 bar work of art biggrin.gif KMA.gif
I'm blown away!!! boldblue.gif
Oh - yeah: & I claim first dibs on the bumper pad. (whenever... pm me thumb3d.gif
iamchappy
The trunk latch button looks nice also.
SGB
GREAT!
type47fan
Ya otta make the lights functional!
grasshopper
I am going to make a video simulator out of a 914 I am cutting up, It will just be from the windshiled pillar to the roll bar, and then I can run my PS2 or computer games on it aktion035.gif
RoadGlue
QUOTE(type47fan @ Jul 25 2006, 10:06 PM) *

Ya otta make the lights functional!

He mentioned that they are!

Sooo cool.
TROJANMAN
way cool thumb3d.gif
Trevorg7
Captin and Diet please

T
Chris Pincetich
SWEET! beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
Can I order a shot of 20:50 in a fuchs center cap?
Pass me the tuna can ashtray...I think I'm hangin out at the 914 bar tonight drunk.gif
Jeroen
youz nuts!
I like it biggrin.gif
elwood-914
It's going to make your bar rust.......... poke.gif
nomore9one4
Thank you guys for all the positive comments smile.gif It makes it all worth it. beer.gif P/S I still would like to add a valance and a set of tail pipes. This thing runs as good as the real one blink.gif Yellow IS faster!
TINCAN914
Very Cool!!!! beerchug.gif
pib
smiley_notworthy.gif That rocks! You need a club badge on it.
Demick
Awesome!
A few things I would add:
1. working lights (already mentioned)
2. personalized license plate - you can buy fake custom plates on the internet
3. A Fuchs wall clock
4. a pair of 914 seats mounted on bar stools.
nomore9one4
QUOTE(Demick @ Jul 26 2006, 08:28 AM) *

Awesome!
A few things I would add:
1. working lights (already mentioned)
2. personalized license plate - you can buy fake custom plates on the internet
3. A Fuchs wall clock
4. a pair of 914 seats mounted on bar stools.

1. The lights already work
2. Plate is in the works
3. When your at the bar you do not need to know or want to know what time it is biggrin.gif
4. The 914 seats WERE in the works, but the high back makes them top heavy and I do not want anyone flipping over, although that may add some excitement! drunk.gif
HeloMech
mount the seats at floor level for those who've already had too much... hard to fall off the floor and get hurt. smile.gif
iamchappy
Add a shifter beer tap. Seat belts for the seats.
Andyrew
Buy cheepo seats, and cut the tops off, then fiberglass a continous edge on the back, then sew like mad and make short stools with removable centers..

PS.. Thats awesome!
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(boboli914@att.net @ Jul 26 2006, 09:51 AM) *

4. The 914 seats WERE in the works, but the high back makes them top heavy and I do not want anyone flipping over, although that may add some excitement! drunk.gif

914 seats are F/G all the way up, top heavy should not be a problem.

Anchor the pedistals to the floor if being sucked back by the acceleration is

the problem. smile.gif
GWN7
Nice smile.gif beerchug.gif
Joe Ricard
Just told the wife we got to have one of those.
She said where ya going to put it?

I don't know we can buy a bigger house BUT I WANT ONE OF THOSE.
Mamacita
I love it!
drunk.gif
lotus_65
schweet!

doesn't anyone make jack stand bar stools?
Tobra
Maybe put ballast on the base of the pedestal for the seats. Or bolt them to the floor and make them swivel like Captains Chairs.

Cool though
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.