Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 6 conversion from Motormeister, any experiance?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lolkema
I am looking into converting my 74 2.0 4 cilinder into a 2.2 or 2.4 6 cilinder. I want to use the engine from Motormeister (http://www.motormeister.com/suz/914_6/914_6engines.htm). Has anyone have any experience with this conversion and this company? Before spending 8 grand I would like to know if this is the way to go.

All information welcome, also on the heat exchangers, there are not included. Has anyone information on aftermarket systems?

Thanks,

Frank
The Netherlands
TROJANMAN
here we gp again popcorn[1].gif

suggestion - try doing a motor meister search wink.gif
not a favorite company of most people around here
and welcome.png
brant
welcome Frank...

hey stick around... there are a few folk on here from your side of the pond.

Motor meister has a very large number of dissatisfied customers.
I'd recommend you do a search here or go the pelican parts website and in the 911 forum do a search there.

I personally have never bought anything or had any personal experience with them. some people have had positive experiences.
but I'd recommend you read some of the ancedotal stuff and form your own opinion so that you can talk with them and decide what you think

brant
grasshopper
If you are going to spend 8 grand on a rebuild, take it somewhere other than MM. I personally have no experience with them, but have heard a lot of bad talk about their rebuilds. Get a reputable rebuilder to rebuild your engine, because for 8000, you should be able to get a perfect rebuild with brand new parts and the whole nine yards. It is your choice wether you do business with them or not. I choose not to, and to go with ones I know and trust. Some people come out good with MM rebuilds, and some dont turn out so good. Regardless, they are there, and they are an option if you do choose to go with them. Either way, good luck with the rebuild, and good luck with the money.
Series9
Playing Devil's advocate:

Exactly how many dissastified MM customers do we have HERE?

Personally, I have never met a dissatisfied MM customer.

If you don't have personal experience, don't reply.

Even though I've heard about the manner in which they build engines, that's ALL they do (build /6 engines).

Look at GEX. They are a volume shop that has most motors stay together, and trust me, their engines are crap.
Mueller
Anyone hear from Tony Chavez(??) that used to live in TX that used a MM conversion motor and parts??

All I remember is that Tony suffered a major oil leak (owner induced) which caused thousands of dollars of internal repairs, MM worked with Tony and rebuilt the motor again and gave him a price break even thou they didn't have to, sounds like good customer service if you ask me.

lolkema
Wow, I have searched the forum for Motormeister and that is a company that I will certainly not spend a dime! barf.gif It is a shame though, I really would like to put in a six, but can't afford to spend 10 to 15 grand on it. So I will keep the 4 banger and make do with 100 hp, gives me a lot fun also driving.gif

Frank
john rogers
If I were to do a conversion, I would not base my decision on what I read on any web site. I would visit the shop in person, see what they do, ask for some customer references and finally check with their local better business organization to see what kind of complaints are recorded. This site has many very opinionated people and as noted in one of the posts about the person never actually dealt with them, but then says not to try them. There was an earlier post of a conversion and the owner was pretty happy it seems. I did this when doing my race car conversion and used a local San Diego shop and from what I have found there are many people in San Diego that are passionately for or against one shop or another here so as I said earlier I would do some in person research.
736conver
QUOTE(john rogers @ Jul 26 2006, 09:56 AM) *

If I were to do a conversion, I would not base my decision on what I read on any web site. I would visit the shop in person, see what they do,

Dont think he can visit the company he's overseas.

ask for some customer references

Do you really think they are going to give you bad customer references.

check with their local better business organization to see what kind of complaints are recorded.

Thats the best advice. Doesnt have to be local though. Just check the bbb.org site.

I have dealt with Roy (motormeister) selling him parts and payment was good and quick. Would I have them rebuild me a motor?? Not a chance. Do you really want to take a stab in the dark when it comes to rebuilding an 911 engine $$$. Too many upset customers.

Just my 2 cents.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.