Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Installing the Innovate LC-1 a/f sensor/reader
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lmcchesney
I received my innovate #3769 LC-1 and O2 sensor and am preparing to install it. The box did not come with instructions. I went to the innovate site for a manual http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/support...LC-1_Manual.pdf and was worried to see that the read out was a 1 with plus or minus. Is this not a narrow band monitor/sensor?
How can I confirm that this will provide me with the true a/f ratio for tunning?
If this is the correct unit, any instructions/suggestions on how to hook up the unit?
I have planned to place the sensor/bung after the 4 to 2 to 1 header connection in my Bursch exhaust system. I was planning to have in cockpit monitoring. What is the best route to run the wires? My other sensor wires run through the central channel through a brake line conduit. These wires would not fit through the conduit. Should the computer connectors be in the cockpit? What is a reliable fused 12v source for the setup?

THanks,
Larry
ptravnic
Larry - I'm heading your way this coming w'end for an alumni thing (I'm a UT grad). I've been thinking of getting an LM1 for my car - maybe I could check out your setup sometime this w'end?
lapuwali
You need to read the instructions carefully, Larry. The LC-1 outputs (yes, there are two) are programmable, so they can generate many different voltage ranges to suit various uses. One of the default programmings is that it will appear to work like a narrowband sensor, so that it can be used with a narrowband display unit. The difference is that, unlike a narrowband sensor, the reading will be accurate beyond 14.7:1.

In my box, there was a quick start guide that clearly stated on the cover that the instruction manual was on the CD that ships with the unit.
lmcchesney
Ptravnic, no problem. Call me 419-578-9949.
James, I loaded the CD on my computer and it froze the computer. Suggestions?
Larry
Bleyseng
damn, I would say its NOT your lucky day! sad.gif

I had no problems loading the LM1 disc and hooking up all the wires, bung etc to make it work.
lmcchesney
biggrin.gif Luck Geoff. Did you say Luck. I checked the parts list. IT DOES NOT COME WITH A 914!

I have my engine out again. Looking for that oil leak that drips on your face when you are under the car. External oil cooler plumbing? Stock oil cooler? Blocking plate for the old oil filter site? Oil pump cover? SOOO, engine is out. I've pulled the impeller and fan shroud off/alternator. Now, which one is it?
Do I just do all of them again?

Yes, we are talking about luck.
I gota get this thing together, going reliably, put the insides together again, and get it painted by Aug 4. NO doubt. I gotta get more beer in the refirg.
Larry
Bleyseng
Yes, do them all again including the oil pressure lite or hose if you have a oil pressure gauge.
effin things leak big time and you can't figure out where the oil is coming from except all over! (clue is its on the oil filter side only!)

oh, luck is an option and costs extra... dry.gif
jk76.914
QUOTE(lmcchesney @ Jul 26 2006, 06:40 AM) *

Ptravnic, no problem. Call me 419-578-9949.
James, I loaded the CD on my computer and it froze the computer. Suggestions?
Larry

Maybe too obvious, but be sure it's a CD and not a DVD.

I got my wife a GPS for Christmas, and the software was on a DVD, even though the manual referred to it as a CD. Put it in a computer with only a CD drive, and it looked like it locked up. I say looked like, because it eventually spit it out.

Jim
lmcchesney
Could be, but the computer has a cd/dvd player.
Larry
Mueller
QUOTE(lmcchesney @ Jul 26 2006, 10:16 AM) *

Could be, but the computer has a cd/dvd player.
Larry

you might be better off just downloading the software from Innovate, also, spend some time on thier site and watch the videos, well worth it !!!!!
Bleyseng
Mine was a CD that I downloaded the programs off......

try the website.
lmcchesney
Found the innovate motorsports support site with the quick start manual.
Still, Should I route the cord under the engine and where in the firewall should I bring it through?
Larry
mightyohm
QUOTE(lmcchesney @ Jul 26 2006, 11:00 AM) *

Found the innovate motorsports support site with the quick start manual.
Still, Should I route the cord under the engine and where in the firewall should I bring it through?
Larry

For my wideband install I drilled a hole next to where the shift rod enters the tunnel, and brought the harness in through the tunnel. If the harness has a big connector on it you might have trouble drilling a big enough hole. I don't know exactly what the LC-1 harness looks like so I can't say for sure.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.