Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hey Toast- i was watching an old movie and thought.......
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TROJANMAN
"Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, all right. We got 4:11 Positrac outback, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some fuckin' muscle. "
Toast
shocked[1].gif drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif And its the dark metalic blue that I love on cars so much! wub.gif wub.gif

I'd be packing me some of that for sure!!! burnout.gif

I love Dazed & Confused! Reminds me of my life. biggrin.gif
TROJANMAN
i forgot that he had named his car melba. i see a new car project in your future............
or at least a new die cast toy biggrin.gif
Toast
Of all the times i've watched that move, I remember him saying that, but I never caught that he was naming his car that. I thought he was just refering to the engine that they were looking at (which is damn sweet too! ).
GWN7
There is a simular one one ebay.... http://cgi.ebay.com/ERTL-BodyShop-Dazed-an...1QQcmdZViewItem smile.gif
Allan
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Jul 26 2006, 09:15 AM) *

"Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here,

TROJANMAN
that's not physically possible, unless.........
nah....

strap on? happy11.gif

either that, or she pees standing up chairfall.gif
Jenny
BAD ALLAN!! AND BADDER huh.gif GREGOR!!

These are the fudge packers you're thinking of. It's them, I tell you!!
IPB Image

Jen
TonyAKAVW
From Wikipedia...

Melba toast is a very dry, crisp, thinly-sliced toast often served with soups and salads, or topped with melted cheese. It is named after Dame Nellie Melba, the stage name of Australian opera singer Helen Porter Mitchell. The term is thought to date back to 1897, a year when the singer was very ill and this kind of toast became a staple of her diet.

Melba toast is made by lightly toasting bread in the normal way. Once the outsides of the bread are slightly firm, it is removed from the toaster and then each slice is cut in half "longitudinally" with a bread knife to make two slices each half the thickness. These two thin slices are then toasted again to make Melba Toast.

A character in Richard Linklater's film Dazed and Confused (1993) names his muscle car Melba Toast. In one episode of the American animated series Rocko's Modern Life, Rocko becomes infatuated with a girl named Melba Toast. Supposedly, in Tolkien's famous Lord of the Rings Series, he named the elf bread Lemba because it was his favorite kind of toast.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.