Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Speakers-Looking to install 6x9s and ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
Currently looking to add in a basic stereo and some speakers. I'm concerned as to the depth of the stock speaker boxes, looking for ideas as to what works.

I would appreciate any input.
Thanks beerchug.gif
Mike McGrath
I don't think you'll get 6x9 speakers in the regular speaker spots unless they are really shallow. Either get a 4x6 or 5x7 to mount behind the grills or pick up Morphenspectra's round speaker set-up. Don't expect much quality sound at speed, with the top off, with the roof off (ha), and traffic.

Mike (in Portland)
maf914
I once tried to rough out a speaker enclosure to put 6x9's in the kick panel location of the stock speakers. They were just too bulky in my opinion, plus my fab skills were probably not up to the task. I gave up and just used the stock speaker enclosures. The 6x9's went into my pick-up truck. Several years later I bought a pair of 6" fiberglass enclosures from morphenspectre (see the resources forum) when he offered them. Great product, excellent quality, good service, no complaints. You might check these out if you haven't already.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.