Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Steering Wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Allan
What's the best diameter aftermarket steering wheel for our cars. 350mm or 325mm?
tomamafone
Usually the 350. the 325 tends to be REALLY tiny.
Jeroen
350, unless you've been working out a lot laugh.gif
HeloMech
I've got a little grant wheel on my car which was there from the PO. Today I drove my friends 914 with the stock wheel. I didn't like it at all. My right leg would hit the wheel when I was trying to get his car into Reverse or First.
AZ914
350MM.. It is way smaller than stock. It will block your gauge view some but thats expected. I can't imagine a 325mm
Aaron Cox
325 is lowrider chain steering wheel small...
HeloMech
QUOTE(AZ914 @ Jul 26 2006, 01:40 PM) *

It will block your gauge view some but thats expected.

agree.gif

I have this problem with my Grant wheel. I just go until I hear horns or sirens... it's all good. Right?
toon1
I have a momo in mine 350mm with a flat bottom( not me, the wheel). works good!
$130. at LTBmotorsports.com
BKLA
QUOTE(HeloMech @ Jul 26 2006, 01:30 PM) *

I've got a little grant wheel on my car which was there from the PO. Today I drove my friends 914 with the stock wheel. I didn't like it at all. My right leg would hit the wheel when I was trying to get his car into Reverse or First.

Can I get an "AMEN" agree.gif

350mm is what I have now (original racemark wheel) but I am thinking 325mm for the AX car... time for spinach!
spunone
Smaller wheel makes it easier to drive away with hand cuffs on driving.gif
Jeroen
QUOTE(HeloMech @ Jul 26 2006, 10:44 PM) *

QUOTE(AZ914 @ Jul 26 2006, 01:40 PM) *

It will block your gauge view some but thats expected.

agree.gif

I have this problem with my Grant wheel. I just go until I hear horns or sirens... it's all good. Right?

rotate your gauges and all is fine...
Allan
This is the one I'm thinking about. Anybody have one?

Momo Pilota

Aaron Cox
PROTOTIPO!!!
Allan
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Jul 26 2006, 02:54 PM) *

PROTOTIPO!!!

Why?

I don't like the look.
toon1
QUOTE(Headrage @ Jul 26 2006, 02:51 PM) *

This is the one I'm thinking about. Anybody have one?

Momo Pilota

that's the wheel I have, the flat bottom style. It has a good feel to it and is well priced.
The flat bottom is real nice getting in and out of the car. Also helps withwith braking and shifting. driving.gif
HeloMech
I like the looks of it. Sort of reminds me of the one on my ps2.. or xbox.. one of the two. Put in the electronic paddle shifter tabs and you're set!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.