Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 2L value?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
fast914
I'm new to the 914 world, any help establishing a value for my car will be appreciated. I need to come up with a value so I can insure it. The more realistic the better....

It's a MY72 914 with a GT flares, F/R bumpers. Sideshifter, 2L being rebuilt to 2056 (new 96mm P/C, new cam, bearings,...). The car is white (original color is yellow), with black stripes. No rust, interior is ok....

Few items will be added: SS Fuel lines, 5-lug conversion, modern EFI, stiffening kit, short shifter.

If you were purchasing such a car or insuring it for replacement value, what would you put as a $ value?

Thanks.Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Bleyseng
FG flares???

Location of the car and you???
anthony
Just a stab in the dark:

market value: $6-8K

replacement value: $10-12K

fast914
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Jul 26 2006, 06:50 PM) *

FG flares???

Location of the car and you???

The car is in the Atlanta GA area! Yes FG flares, nicely done!

Oh, I also have a supercharged 4-cyl 2.5L (Scat heads,...) that might install.. Any idea if this will increase or decrease the value?
914rat
QUOTE(fast914 @ Jul 26 2006, 03:25 PM) *

I'm new to the 914 world, any help establishing a value for my car will be appreciated. I need to come up with a value so I can insure it. The more realistic the better....

It's a MY72 914 with a GT flares, F/R bumpers. Sideshifter, 2L being rebuilt to 2056 (new 96mm P/C, new cam, bearings,...). The car is white (original color is yellow), with black stripes. No rust, interior is ok....

Few items will be added: SS Fuel lines, 5-lug conversion, modern EFI, stiffening kit, short shifter.

If you were purchasing such a car or insuring it for replacement value, what would you put as a $ value?

Thanks.Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Depending on the insurer you could get it appraised by an expert appraiser and insure it for that amount, if you have all of the recipts from the restoration and engine rebuild that may help too.My classic cars are all insured for an agreed upon amount by a classic car insurer.I based the amount on "what would it cost to build this car in this condition today"again pics and recipts help.Many times a car costs more to build than to buy.Go with the build price as parts and acessories ,paint work etc always go up.I learned the hard way on a 68 firebird conv.that was in the final stages of restoration.No tags and no insurance, an f5 tornado visited my house and dropped a 150-200 year old oak right down the middle.I could have set fire to $15000 and come out ahead on that one.I even insure projects in the works now ,you never know when a random act of god is going to drop a tree on your project.You can never have to much insurance when you are talking replacement cost.Get it insured for as much as possible.
Pat Garvey
This brings up an interesting topic. With the auction prices of 914's getting wierd, just what are our cars worth?

Am I wrong, or is this one of the defining venues for 914 values?

PCA has a "Valuation Committee" but it, pardon me, is useless for todays mainstrem 914's.

By mainstream, I mean 914's that have huge amounts of cash invested. So what if some of them are "off the wall" - buyers are still there.

How do you guys insure yours?

Sorry for being a pirate on this topic......
hijacked.gif
G e o r g e

Oh, I also have a supercharged 4-cyl 2.5L (Scat heads,...) thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif that might install.. Any idea if this will increase or decrease the value?

decrease biggrin.gif

all porsches that end in a 4 have no value dead horse.gif

luckily your near locust.gif i'm sure hell stop by and cut that one up at little to no cost happy11.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.