Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Koni Red Strut Inserts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Allan
I have 2 sets of red koni's and the part numbers differ. They are all marked 82R-, then the numbers change, i.e., 82R-1943, 82R- 1730, etc. Is the 82R the type designation and the -1943 the serial or lot number?

Also, they are adjustble but do not engage any mechanism when fully depressed and click as they are turned as I was told. There is just an arrow pointing counter clockwise for harder. The shaft will turn 2 1/2 rotations and stop. So I'm guessing full counter clockwise is full hard and full clockwise is full soft. If I rotate them 1 1/4 turns is that medium?

What is the best setting for these struts on a /6 with front and rear sway bars?

Gracias...
Cap'n Krusty
82R-xxxx is the Koni part number. If ANY of the 7 digits is different from another unit, then they ARE different parts. Might look pretty much alike, but they're still different. 82R-1943 is a front insert, 911-1975-1982, for Boge struts. 82R-1730 is a front insert for 914/4 and 914/6, all with Boge struts. Koni and Bilstein struts require different inserts. The Cap'n
SLITS
Koni Tech - PDF

All you wanted to ever know.

82 is the style of the shock on their chart
Allan
So what is the difference other than the vehicle they are designated for?

I have swapped them around and they all fit in either the 914 /4 or 911 struts.

Valving, dampening rate?
SLITS
You answered your own question...read the PDF
Jeroen
koni's for a 911 have different valving than koni's for a 914
Allan
Okay, I read it and understand the differences.

Where would you set the valving on the 911 insert on a 914 used primarily for aggressive street and the occasional a/x?
Eric_Shea
Set both full soft. My conversation with Koni suggested that only high speed rebound is different.

Full soft gives you a firm agressive street disposition and allows the suspension to 'react' under autocross demands.
anthony
Personally, I wouldn't install two different shocks on my car.
Eric_Shea
agree.gif but... Koni did say they were damn near identical.
Allan
QUOTE(anthony @ Jul 26 2006, 06:03 PM) *

Nor would I. I have sets with both numbers.

I was just wondering what the difference was. wink.gif
anthony
Ok, gotcha. I thought you had mis-matched shocks there. I'd use the 914 part number.
SLITS
QUOTE(Headrage @ Jul 26 2006, 06:22 PM) *

QUOTE(anthony @ Jul 26 2006, 06:03 PM) *

Nor would I. I have sets with both numbers.

I was just wondering what the difference was. wink.gif

Since you are using the stock torsion bars, I would use the 914 inserts...THE ONES I PUT IN THE STRUTS......then you can pass the elebens to me av-943.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.