Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: engine pics of 75-76 w/smog stuff
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
Bleyseng
I have never seen all the parts and pieces so can someone post good pics of the details of the smog stuff . We need to document it so people who have to reconnect it can figure it out. smilie_pokal.gif
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Jul 27 2006, 10:13 AM) *

I have never seen all the parts and pieces so can someone post good pics of the details of the smog stuff . We need to document it so people who have to reconnect it can figure it out. smilie_pokal.gif

Agree! Please post to the nailed section for this category.
tod914
Some engine shots of Dave's 76 are here.. untouched original car but no egr or cat from what I recall.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=52383
Hoss
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Jul 27 2006, 07:13 AM) *

Okay Geoff,

I will bite. I will take photos this weekend with the intent to show what a stock 1976 2.0 with the smog gear looks like. In return, I would appreciate it if you can tell me if there was or was not a "914 2.0" badge on the '76s. No such animal on my ride, and I am trying to figure out if it existed from the factory or not.

I will post the gory details shortly.

Cheers,

Jeff
Bleyseng
76 cars came with vinyl letters on the back not metal or plastic like the other years.
type4org
I just took pictures yesterday for another thread having to do with the vacuum hoses. This a a 1976 2.0 "emissions madness" California model. The pictures are with the air cleaner off:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&a...st&p=740786

Hoss
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Jul 30 2006, 12:37 AM) *

76 cars came with vinyl letters on the back not metal or plastic like the other years.

So the vinyl numbers were just glued on to the tailpiece rather than drilled and attached with studs like the earlier models? I check the Bird Board for parts but no cigar. Any idea where the vinyl numbers can be found?

I posted some pics on the '76 smog routing and equipment in the thread that Jens linked to to keep the photos in one heap. I can take more and post elsewhere as appropriate in and effort to fully document it with photos to help the next soul.

Thanks for your help.
type4org
QUOTE(Hoss @ Aug 1 2006, 02:14 AM) *

So the vinyl numbers were just glued on to the tailpiece rather than drilled and attached with studs like the earlier models? I check the Bird Board for parts but no cigar. Any idea where the vinyl numbers can be found?

Can't help on where to find them, but here's a (not very good) picture that gives you an idea what it looks like. The ugly blotches of mismatched paint are courtesy of having to close off holes left by the reflector I threw out:

Click to view attachment

Hoss
QUOTE(type4org @ Aug 1 2006, 04:16 AM) *

Can't help on where to find them, but here's a (not very good) picture that gives you an idea what it looks like...

Thanks for the picture. I gather that the numbers have an adhesive and are surface mounted.

I will try to see where/how to source the label.

Cheers.
JeffBowlsby
AA had them last I heard.
Hoss
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Aug 1 2006, 08:24 PM) *

AA had them last I heard.

Thanks Jeff. I know that AA is about as popular as a turd in the punch bowl based on numerous posters. I will check it out and see what fits the bill.

BTW, I really appreciate all the information you compiled and have made available to folks trying to learn more about 914s. I read everything you had before I bought my car. Great stuff.
JeffBowlsby
Glad to help Hoss...
mikerose
76 2.0 smog pics
mikerose
more
mikerose
more
mikerose
more
mikerose
more
mikerose
more
mikerose
more
mikerose
yes
mikerose
last ?
mikerose
more
mikerose
All that is left. Someday i should sell them cool_shades.gif

Mike
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.