Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can we get a Sticky Nailed Thread?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rockaria
We may need to activate the Super Sticky Nailed thread section to go above the nailed section. That way we can see the exrta important topics...

Good Idea, Huh? Huh?

Lets have a thumbs up from everyone who agress... smile.gif

HEY That's not your Tumb!

drunk.gif
Joe Ricard
QUOTE(Rockaria @ Jul 27 2006, 09:36 AM) *

We may need to activate the Super Sticky Nailed thread section to go above the nailed section. That way we can see the exrta important topics...

Good Idea, Huh? Huh?

Lets have a thumbs up from everyone who agress... smile.gif

HEY That's not your Tumb!

drunk.gif

Ha ha Pretty Freaking funny. chairfall.gif chair.gif

flipa.gif I just love how a snow ball starts down a hill and EVERYBODY has to give it a push. laugh.gif
Qarl
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Brad Roberts
How do you guy's suggest we deal with the stickies?

Everyone wants "their" event posted to the top for more exposure.

Open to suggestions.

B
watsonrx13
No stickies unless it's specifically 914CLUB related....

If you want your event to stay near the top, do like I do and bump it as it get's closer.... I normally post a notice for our event, TBB, at least a month prior to the date. Then as everyone responds, they will automatically bump it to the top. Then I try to bump it once a week, then on the last week before, I will bump it every other day, until finally, two days before, I'll bump it daily....

-- Rob
nebreitling
are the stickies that big of a deal?
Rockaria
On a serious note here is one solution...

Create a "Current Events" forum like the past events one, and make one sticky in the garage area be able to click go to it directly. Anyone interested in Events will be able to click it once and see them all just like that.

What do you all think?

I also like the current way you are showing the most current event on the banner space at the top of all pages.

Just my thoughts...
Bleyseng

agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif

av-943.gif

popcorn[1].gif
VaccaRabite
I would say move certian stickied thread into the classics section. Like "What the heck do you look like?" and "Member 914 pictures"

The member map is on the top of every club page allready.

I like that comming events get exposure in the nailed section, but I think they should be forced to exist with the masses for a while beofre they get there. It helps raise interest - I know that I usually ignore the nailed threads and skip down to the good stuff. The thread owner can bump as needed, and other posters will bump as well.

The only thread that needs to be nailed (IMHO) is the rules thread.

Zach
Brad Roberts
I like the idea of the event OWNER bumping their own threads.

I'll run some of this past the admins so we are all on the same page.

At one time in the past te stickies where a single line. I'm sure this was custom coded for the last version of this software.

B
TravisNeff
I think the nailed topics are fine. If you cannot scroll down with your mouse, you have other issues to contend with, lol.

Seriously, ever summer we go through the same issue/complaints. This is the time of year we all get together (summer), wait till winter and the list will shrink back down on nailed topics.
SirAndy
QUOTE(watsonrx13 @ Jul 27 2006, 11:30 AM) *

If you want your event to stay near the top, do like I do and bump it as it get's closer.... I normally post a notice for our event, TBB, at least a month prior to the date. Then as everyone responds, they will automatically bump it to the top. Then I try to bump it once a week, then on the last week before, I will bump it every other day, until finally, two days before, I'll bump it daily....

that's a lot of bumping ...

blink.gif Andy
Toast
Modify the EVENTS tab so that current and upcomming events will be viewed there. Move the past events to the past events forum (if they are not there already.) Then one could just click the tab to access the events they want. Kind of like you do to access the Garage. smile.gif

Event starters could post in the garage and make a note on their thread topic to check the EVENTS Tab for an update.

idea.gif
Howard
We could kill two right now. Members Map is a tab, and if you (Hi Ya-roon) link the 'xx days 'till RRC' to that page...
Gint
Oooohhhh!!!!! Can I play too? boldblue.gif

NAILED!
Gint
QUOTE(Howard @ Jul 27 2006, 03:32 PM) *

We could kill two right now. Members Map is a tab, and if you (Hi Ya-roon) link the 'xx days 'till RRC' to that page...

Damn Howie! That's usin the ole brain pan. Done.
VaccaRabite
Oh dear.... wink.gif

Zach
Howard
Gintie, alfred.gif . Now unnail this post or I'll sic Ricard on you. You bringing your kids or what?
Joe Ricard
I almost choked and blew beer out my nose.

DICK!!!!
Gint
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Jul 27 2006, 08:12 PM) *

I almost choked and blew beer out my nose.

DICK!!!!

Not to worry!

It's nailed now and everyody ignores the nailed crap. Right?

wink.gif
grasshopper
Well hell, lets nail the "We Need a Hot Chicks Thread" thread.
Joe Ricard
Well 40 pages of hot chicks and it hasn't dropped below the 3rd from the top since it was born. Topics that have a following and interest from a bunch of people tend to stay near the top.
Gint
K, I've got real work to do so I can continue to eat.

Play time is over. sad2.gif

Un-nailed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.