Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Opinions on interior color for JLO....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nine14cats
I'm starting to plan ahead for the interior of JLO. Currently the car has a tan interior with the vinyl basketweave. I'm thinking of a change in color to black to make the yellow, blue and red accents on the car stand out more.

But for seats, I'm leaning towards a retro look with black bolsters and the yellow fabric "checkerboard" look. And possibly adding a fabric stripe on the door panels, nothing big or garish, but an accent.

I can also do the Renegade Hybrids deep bolster seats in tweed (touring style).

I'm also thinking charcoal carpets combined with black PORCHEV signature mats.

What do you folks think? Give me some opinions or ideas!

Thanks,

Bill P.
nine14cats
Early exit polling shows a dead heat!

Bill P.
Dr. Roger
yellow and black is always a winner IMHO.

i love the C4 or C6 that has the black leather with yellow piping that came swooping across the back of the seat.

ideas....

IPB Image

or change the seats all together....

IPB Image

just don't do this...

IPB Image
horizontally-opposed
Bill,

Puh-leeeze don't let anything tan get near your interior.

I'd go all black, but with the seat centers in the yellow plaid cloth if you want something a little more visually interesting.

The other money way to go would be like these black/gold Coco mats in a gold car. Would probably look great in black/yellow -- plus you can always ditch 'em later if you get tired of them.

Just my two cents... smile.gif

WRX914
This is an example of Renegade's touring seats in black with charcoal carpet...
nine14cats
Hi Pete,

That's an interesting idea about the coco mats having having the color accent versus the seats. Who makes the coco mats?

Thanks!

Bill P.
nine14cats
QUOTE(Dr. Roger @ Jul 27 2006, 09:29 AM) *

yellow and black is always a winner IMHO.

i love the C4 or C6 that has the black leather with yellow piping that came swooping across the back of the seat.

ideas....

IPB Image

or change the seats all together....

IPB Image

just don't do this...

IPB Image

Thanks for the ideas Roger!

The car does have some Chevy in it..... laugh.gif

This will be fun.

Bill P.
horizontally-opposed
Hey Bill,

Check these out...looks like the black/gold is as close as they can get, but maybe they can do yellow custom.

http://www.cocomats.com/Style.htm

It's a very nice product, and not much money.

And they can make a huge (and very cool) difference to an interior:

JmuRiz
I'd go with the Black/yellow cocomats and the Black GTS Lemans seats. Would look cool and hold you in on the twisties.
Randal
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Jul 27 2006, 10:49 AM) *

I'd go with the Black/yellow cocomats and the Black GTS Lemans seats. Would look cool and hold you in on the twisties.

You didn't mention anything about money, so my vote is for black leather seats with an offset (from your paint) light yellow leather insert.

And I want that guy Gabe in SoCal (from American Hot Rod) to do the work.

I wonder what he would charge?

nine14cats
And the plaid / black combination is starting to pull away!

Bill P.
boxstr
GTS seats from CAMP 914.
CCLINSEATINGFORTWO
Chris Pincetich
I voted plaid dry.gif
Why not go with Chevy logo floormats on the inside? aktion035.gif
beerchug.gif
Mountain914
How about alternating yellow / black. "stinger" or "hornet" or "wasp" theme ? (OK, OK, I wanted to do that to a yellow 350z I looked at years ago). I'll Bzzzzzzz off now.

Oh - I take offense to those that don't like a tan interior !! I like mine !
nine14cats
QUOTE(ChrisNPDrider @ Jul 27 2006, 09:13 PM) *

I voted plaid dry.gif
Why not go with Chevy logo floormats on the inside? aktion035.gif
beerchug.gif

Hi Chris,

My vote was for plaid also. And I'm trying to figure out where i'm going to put the Chevy logo...... laugh.gif

We have a 3 way tie again!....

Bill P.
jonwatts
I don't think the yellow plaid works with a high HP car like a V8 conversion.

I voted for bolsters.

Dr. Roger
i knew if i looked hard enough i'd find something besides freaking checkerboard..... =-) yuk! LOL

IPB Image

heck, even yellow inserts would look better than checkerboard.... IMHO of course...

IPB Image

GT3 seats in a 911...

IPB Image

or this is kinda' interesting...

IPB Image

another but switch red for yellow... ???
IPB Image
banksyinoz
aktion035.gif black n yella rocks

did have a thought of black with yella inserts with stitching in the opposite colour and loads of pleats as they do with the plush leather look beerchug.gif
nine14cats
Wow....the Renegade Touring seats have taken the lead, followed by the black on black. The plaid has taken a "back seat".... laugh.gif

Bill P.
GS Guy
Black interior with yellow outside. Don't care for the "pimp my ride" look of all the "accent" interior colors (piping, checkerboard, etc.). Might look interesting at first - but get old real fast.
But no Vote option for GTS seats - needs to be one of the selections!

If you add accent interior colors - make them easy to change or "black out" in case a future owner want;s something less "flashy"! biggrin.gif

Jeff
johannes
QUOTE(GS Guy @ Aug 4 2006, 02:07 PM) *

Black interior with yellow outside. Don't care for the "pimp my ride" look of all the "accent" interior colors (piping, checkerboard, etc.). Might look interesting at first - but get old real fast.
But no Vote option for GTS seats - needs to be one of the selections!

If you add accent interior colors - make them easy to change or "black out" in case a future owner want;s something less "flashy"! biggrin.gif

Jeff

agree.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.