Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hotel
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
grasshopper
We are going to use the Comfort Inn as the host hotel. I am going to be calling them today to see if we can reserve a block of rooms, and get a discount. The hotel has a pool, free breakfast and Highspeed internet, beerchug.gif Here is their link :Comfort Inn
grasshopper
Well, my original plan of have the country Inn and Suites do it is not happening..they wanted $110.00 per night..and that was with a discount ohmy.gif So we went with the comfort in. The location is great, walking distance of downtown Helen, for restaurants, and shops for friday and saturday night. I only blocked 25 rooms, because we have 22 people that say they WILL come and 10 that say they will MAYBE come. I blocked the rooms for friday and saturday..because I wasn't planning on us leaving Jakes place until around 8:00 to 9:00.... so I dont think anyone wants to drive back then. The hotel says that it is fine to do a swap meet in the parking lot too! mueba.gif We got a special group rate of $79.99 per night. I didn't know how much upfront money this was going to take...the hotel wanted a $500.00 down payment, ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif I have to order the Tags this week too, because it takes three weeks to make...so that is $300.00 out of my pocket...well my parents pockets.. av-943.gif
John G
Sounds great, Barry.... Now, if only I can get BOTH of my cars in running condition AND find a place for half of my four kids to stay. biggrin.gif

My two sons will probably want to come. My daughters would probably LOVE to stay somewhere. We'll have to figger it out.

What can I say? We have a family of 6 with four seats available. Hahaha!

John
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.