Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need a Logo
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
grasshopper
Ok, well...it seams I have had two threads that I have had to delete now, because no one could stay on topic. I was informed my logo's sucked, so I am not going to bother posting them again. Please help in any way you can, but please dont post if you have nothing to add. I am very annoyed right now. mad.gif

There will never be any 914club badges or logos with the rebel flag in them. I would not care, but people do, and the administrators will never allow it because of the negative icon it is to many people. Please DO NOT post your opinions about the rebel flag, and how you may feel about it. That is the way it is, and if you feel differently, take it to the sandbox. The original post:

Hey guys, I'm in need of a favor. I need someone with design skills to make a logo for the upcoming "914club Heritage of the South" JohnG make this great logo, and I think we can build on this...maybe not purple..lol JohnG is about the only one who has contibuted anything. Thank you John. thumb3d.gif
Click to view attachment

For Jeroen: The list JohnG made up of things southern...kinda

Here are some of the icons of the south that might help.
Kudzoo

Grits

Dirt (mud too, according to My Cousin Vinnie)

Richard Petty (I like his colors, maybe you could use that), or anything NASCAR

Scarlet O'Hara

Hurricanes

Smoky Mountains

Cotton Fields (not so much anymore)

Bass and Catfish

Humidity

Now I'm just free-storming.... Heh
So.Cal.914
Like I said in the last thread, I just got back from Orlando Fla. and the one thing

that told me I was in the south was the trees with the spanish moss. Other than

that and no mountians (or hills for that matter) I couldn't tell I had left California.

You guys have it really nice.
Brad Roberts
I guess you didnt like my SEC suggestion?

Much easier to run with something we already "kinda" have mapped out.

B
turboman808
Honestly just can't think of anything. Complete creative slump.

Don't want to do something using the design of the new club badge. Do you have permission to use that design and do a spin off of it?
ws91420
How about a stern wheeler boat. I see that and think of Mark Twain and the stories he told.

Barry I hope this thread wont go "south" you again. laugh.gif
Jeroen
hold yer horses... I should have the logo finished within an hour or so...
1970 Neun vierzehn
grasshopper,
I've always been fond of the S. Carolina symbol(palmetto and crescent moon). Do a takeoff of that. Have your state maps as a background with a "mountain" overlay(think "Smokey Mtn" ridgelines). In the foreground, have a big southern oak w/spanish moss w/a moon showing through the branches. That way you can include both mountain and coastal regions in the logo.

OR........

a moonshine jug, a hillbilly and a bowl of grits poke.gif (Sorry, I couldn't resist biggrin.gif )
Jeroen
here ya go...
So.Cal.914
Just curious but what is that in the middle? confused24.gif
SGB
OMG BARRY! I, I, I, dang, I didn't mean that to happen. Jereon's cotten boll is perfect.
HeloMech
Here's your cotton with the petty nascar type colors thrown in.
grasshopper
OMG Jeroen!!!!! If I was over there right now I would give you a gigantic hug..(a man hug wink.gif ). I think I will go with the Orange one, since we are doing it in the fall, and the leaves will be changing color. ONCE AGAIN, THANK YOU JEROEN! IF YOU EVER NEED ANYTHING, JUST LET ME KNOW. clap56.gif
grasshopper
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jul 27 2006, 02:43 PM) *

I guess you didnt like my SEC suggestion?

Much easier to run with something we already "kinda" have mapped out.

B

Hey brad, sorry. I never got around to changing the name. I like what Jeroen has made up SOUTH EAST CLASSIS heritage of the south. I have all the registration made up, except for the price. Should I run it by you first brad? BTW, how do I change it from a Word Document to a PDF file? Thanks, Barry Fuller
Lou W
They look great thumb3d.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.