Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: can any DFW guys recommend a machine shop
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brian_Boss
Title pretty much covers it. I'm looking for a shop to make some parts for our go karts.

Thanks,
Brian
WildBill
http://emachineshop.com/

I have used them and have been very happy. You download the free software and create or import your design. Then you can pick machines, material, and quantity and get a price. Lots of times getting 100 of something is cheaper than getting one.
zen motorcycle
I am just getting back in town after a few years so all my contacts are old...

What part of the go kart are you looking to fabricate engine frame, trans???

as a first step I would check with the go-kart track in Denton if it is a race kart. If it is a rec kart then let me know and I will check my sources
Brian_Boss
The karts in question are concession/rental karts. My partner and I setup places similar to Speedzone and the now defunct TBC.

The karts we use have been built in New Zealand but we are transitioning the manufacturing to the US. The karts have many proprietary components and I am working on having some of the simple but heavy components made here instead of shipping from NZ.

The part I am working on right now is a contact for the charging system of our electric kart. It is a brass block about 1" x 2" x 1/4" with some holes in it.
Brian_Boss
If anybody cares, this is our company:

Indoor Grand Prix

If the style of the site looks familiar, it's because Jeroen did the layout. I'm very pleased with it.
zen motorcycle
QUOTE(Brian_Boss @ Jul 27 2006, 11:30 PM) *

If anybody cares, this is our company:

Indoor Grand Prix

If the style of the site looks familiar, it's because Jeroen did the layout. I'm very pleased with it.

Hey is that over in North Richland Hills by Hooters and Laserquest?

Always wanted to try that out if so. Now I may have an excuse.

Do you need CNC type machining for this part or just reagular milling? Let me call my contacts and see. I have a few of each type I think, but I would check with the kart club in Denton. Those guys are always fabbing parts.
ClayPerrine
hey.. I live farily close to that place.... when are you there and I can drop by?

If you need a good small quanity machine shop, I have a friend who runs one real close to you.

PM me for his contact info.

Brian_Boss
That track in NRH may be one that my partner used to own but we don't have any connection to it now.

Curently, we don't own or operate a track. We consult and sell equipment - karts, timing systems, arcade games, etc.

If some people want to get together there, I'm game. Unfortunately, we would probably have to pay like everyone else. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.