Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New floor pan
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rjames
I welded in a new driver's side floor pan a few months ago, but forgot to weld the reinforcement piece that goes on the bottom of the floor pan under the door side seat bracket. I went ahead and POR-15'd it all, and sprayed with rubber undercoating and it ooks great! However, I just noticed that the floor pan dips/bulges a little underneath where the seat bracket is. But just a little. headbang.gif

I only weigh 180 lbs, and I noticed that the original floor pan did not have any seat reinforcement under the other seat bracket (just like the passenger side only has one of them) and am thinking that maybe the other side really doesn't need one.

I'm looking for opinions on whether I should just leave it and just make sure I don't plop myself down heavily on the seat when I get in, or strip all the primer off, etc. and weld the reinforcement piece in. Doing so would be a major PITA if only because I have to remove all the primer/ undercoating etc .
Joe Owensby
Mine originally had the long U shaped piece on the bottom of the floorpan only on the outer seat pivot location. The inner seal pivot location was near a raised section of the floorpan that presumably stiffened up the pan. I just welded in a RD floorpan, but made my own U shaped reinforcements, to replicate the originals. I don't know a quick fix. You may try a piece of 1/4 inch thick bar placed beneath the seat pivot pad. I think there is about 1/4 inch clearance at the ends. This may add a little stiffness. Otherwise, you either need to either bolt on or weld on the piece.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.