Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need fuse help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Porsche Rescue
What do the two fuses on the relay/regulator board in the engine compartment protect? I thought one was for the heated rear window (which I don't have but there are two 25 amp fuses) and one for the fuel pump. When I operate my heater fan I blow the fuel pump fuse. Does the same fuse protect the pump and the fan, or is the heater circuit somehow shorting to the fuel pump circuit?
SirAndy
QUOTE(jim9146 @ Feb 27 2003, 08:34 PM)
What do the two fuses on the relay/regulator board in the engine compartment protect? I thought one was for the heated rear window (which I don't have but there are two 25 amp fuses) and one for the fuel pump. When I operate my heater fan I blow the fuel pump fuse. Does the same fuse protect the pump and the fan, or is the heater circuit somehow shorting to the fuel pump circuit?

the first fuse (the one towards the front of the car) is 8amp.
according to my wire-diagram, it does not seem to be used ...

the second fuse (the one towards the rear of the car) is 25amp.
it is for:

1) Rear Window Heater relay
2) Gasoline Pump Relay
3) Heater Blower Relay

where 1) is the relay right below the fuse,
then comes the relay for the Power Supply,
then 2) the relay for the gasoline pump,
then 3) the relay for the heater blower

the right cable for the heater blower comes off pin 11 on the second
connector plug (the one towards the rear of the car). it is supposed
to be a green wire.

1 - 2
3 - 4
5 - 6
7 -
9 - 10
11 - 12

1 = green/red = oil pressure switch
2 = gray/brown = ???
3 = green/black = oil temperatur indicator
4 = gray/brown = ???
5 = black/pink = ignition coil
6 = yellow = starter
7 = black/red = ignition coil
9 = ??? (connected to fuse 1, 8amp)
10 = ??? (connected to sportomatic)
11 = green = heater blower
12 = white = supplementary air valve

hope that helps,
Andy aktion035.gif
Brad Roberts
I had a 914 that would die when I turned on the Heater blower. The contacts for the fuse where corroaded (as well as the fuse) It would run out of gas.

B
Curvie Roadlover
Reminds me of my breakdown in Foster City. Remember, Brad? I thought, Holy Shit, I've got 3000 miles to go and I didn't even make it out of the neighborhood. Thanks for your relay board fuse rescue. That was when I put your number on vioce dial. HAHA pray.gif cool_shades.gif
Porsche Rescue
Thanks Andy. Now all I have to do is find out what's wrong with my heater blower. Fortunately, I discovered the problem in the garage, not on the road. Guess I know why the PO had disconnected the heater fan!
Dave_Darling
Jim, what year is your car? The exact wiring that hooks up to the relay board changed from year to year...

See the Haynes manual for wiring diagrams. They are also available on Pelican's site, or possibly in a downloadable form from somewhere or another.

--DD
SirAndy
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Feb 28 2003, 08:47 AM)
Jim, what year is your car? The exact wiring that hooks up to the relay board changed from year to year...

his name indicates a /6 so i assumed he has a early car ...

yes, dave is correct, layout changes (slightly) for later models.

Andy
Porsche Rescue
Car with the problem is a '70-4. It's the signal orange "upper" one in my avatar. I am getting it ready to sell ( I have 2 914's too many). I also have a '70-6, but heater fan is not an issue since there is none--headers. Thanks again.
SirAndy
QUOTE(jim9146 @ Feb 28 2003, 10:51 AM)
Car with the problem is a '70-4. It's the signal orange "upper" one in my avatar. I am getting it ready to sell ( I have 2 914's too many). I also have a '70-6, but heater fan is not an issue since there is none--headers. Thanks again.

70 is perfect! i got the above info from a 70/71 diagram ....

Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.