Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SoCal, this Sunday
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Howard
Last Sunday of the month is usually a pretty good turnout at Village Coffee Roaster, Woodland Hills, 7:30am.
VCR
Followed by a canyon/beach run up the coast at legalish speeds, ending at Ventura Harbor Village for lunch. The Harbor is hosting 'Pirate's Day', featuring Johnnie Depp lookalike, exotic birds, pirate musicians, sword fights and gun battles. Free admission. It doesn't get much more hokey than this, kids. See ya there.
Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
Howard
icon_bump.gif 4 Ferraris, 1 Viper, 1 911, 1 914 so far. You guys just sit on your asses while I defend NARP's honor. biggrin.gif

Admin: Please do not nail this thread finger.gif
TonyAKAVW
QUOTE(Howard @ Jul 28 2006, 10:46 AM) *

icon_bump.gif 4 Ferraris, 1 Viper, 1 911, 1 914 so far. You guys just sit on your asses while I defend NARP's honor. biggrin.gif

Admin: Please do not nail this thread finger.gif

I'm not sitting on my ass. I'm working as fast as I can to get my car on the road! sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif
Once my car is running I'll be there!

-Tony
dekman
I've been bad..... devil.gif I may have to go to church this sunday........BUT I sure would like to kick some Ferrari butt! Would to have Linda come along one of these times. Howard.....your fun runs are SOOOOOOOO FUN!!!!!!!!!! cool_shades.gif
Flat VW
QUOTE(Howard @ Jul 28 2006, 10:46 AM) *

You guys just sit on your asses while I defend NARP's honor. biggrin.gif

Impossible, can't be done. chairfall.gif chairfall.gif

John
Brad Roberts
I have to leave at 4:30 am to make it in time.. yawn.gif

I do need to speak with uncle Howard however..

B
drew365
My dog ate my car, otherwise I'd go.
Brad Roberts
Soo.. is the dog fast now??LOL

B
madd_dogg_914
Depends if the car was yellow or not w00t.gif

Chris
914 LOVER!!!
Howard
Excuses are like assholes, everybody has one alfred.gif

OK, in no order.

John. You have to take sides. You a NARP guy or not?
Dek. Our Lady is non sectarian, but go to your heathen temple if you must. Let me know if you want to swing by Ventura Marina for Pirate Days. I'll bring your camcorder. Tell Linda Marianne is going.
Brad. Am I in trouble again?
Drew. OK, you can bring your Ferrari. Just stay off the curvy parts.
Tony. You and skline...
Z. If you come by I'll bring the insurance papers. I must be nutz to write your coverage. biggrin.gif

Did I miss anyone?
dekman
So...if Marianne is going...that means you will be driving SLOOOOOOOOOW?!? slap.gif Right?
Howard
QUOTE(dekman @ Jul 28 2006, 10:18 PM) *

So...if Marianne is going...that means you will be driving SLOOOOOOOOOW?!? slap.gif Right?

Well, have to wait for the Italians, so you should be able to run mid pack biggrin.gif
dekman
Bring my camera....if I don't make it to the Village Coffee Roaster, I'll catch you at the Harbor Village. What time do you think you'll get there?(approx). piratenanner.gif
Howard
QUOTE(dekman @ Jul 29 2006, 10:16 AM) *

Bring my camera....if I don't make it to the Village Coffee Roaster, I'll catch you at the Harbor Village. What time do you think you'll get there?(approx). piratenanner.gif

Will leave VCR around 9:30. Harbor Village 11??.
drew365
I may partake. I have rings that need seating. Are you just driving up the coast or is there a curvy road tour?
Howard
Andy, etal.

We'll be going from VCR to Harbor Village Marina in Ventura. Not an organized tour as such. Some will want to twist, twist and beach, or just Freeway. If on the 101, exit Victoria, go left to Olivas, right to the Marina.

You know most of these canyon roads, I'm sure, but the neat part is anytime you come to a decision, left takes you to PCH, Right to 101. biggrin.gif

So far, I'm planning to do the dotted line. View map full screen.
Joe Bob
They like rap music....played REAL LOUD with tons of BASS.....EMINEM is a fav.....
dekman
Howie.....that looks like a "Fwy run" WTF.gif I don't think the "101 FWY" is a 914 road? Does Marianne get car sick? I'm a smooth driver...she can drive with me! So this means your in the taildragger? ARRRRRRRRRRRR piratenanner.gif
Joe Bob
Looks like I'll be there...BAD TUB still needs some oil line rerouting and my /6 is still in Napa.....assdraggers in a pack looks like....
Howard
I'll be taking the back roads. Just shows 101 for 'F' types who don't like to get their cars dirty.

Oh, BTW, Rob, there will be a Noble, a C6, and at least one F430 there. I said none of them could keep up with you, so you'll be taking the lead this time. happy11.gif
Have Linda and Dad meet us at the Marina. Mike, same to you for Mary and the kids.

AAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! (see first post)

Heywood
Im in for going to the marina. Ill bring the 914 and look for ya.

I havent had a chance to go through the car yet, and dont feel like breaking down on Muholand sad.gif
Last time after I got back, I noticed my new $400 fuel pump was trying to escape out the bottom. It was taking some old fuel lines, some studs and a couple of patches of rust with it mad.gif I dont think it likes living right next to the exhaust.

Sean
dekman
Howard...you are and will be "our leader" ALWAYS! pray.gif And remember I have an ailing transmission....Noble(I don't think so). See you tomorrow bye1.gif
drew365
Any services this Sunday? I need to exercise the 914. I'll try to keep a low profile.

Howard
You know I'm extremely religious. Start from VCR at 8?
drew365
See you there!
Howard
This is so old hat, you must be getting tired of the posts, but todays notes.

What a day. Temps in the 70's, bright blue sky, yada. Andy and I were the only runners, but no matter. He had some elec problems and left early.

NARP
Howard
ARP
Howard
Great color biggrin.gif Jim Hoyland would love these wheels. Keep him busy all week poke.gif
Howard
Suzi caught me looking at another woman.. alfred.gif
drew365
I'm happy I made it home, but not without incident. About 1/2 mi. after I left you the engine died. Started right back up after I pulled over, half way through Kanan it quit again and wouldn't start. No cell signal so I poked around and found a connector going to my crank fire trigger sitting on top of the engine. I gathered up the loose wires, tucked them aside and it started and made it home. I still had the problem with the gauges dieing when I pressed on the brake pedal. I fixed that at home, more loose wiring, so I'm good to go next weekend! biggrin.gif

Before I started having the electrical problems I was getting into the twisties, "dice and carve" kept going through my head. Weird, but I accept it.
Howard
QUOTE(drew365 @ Aug 6 2006, 03:56 PM) *

Before I started having the electrical problems I was getting into the twisties, "dice and carve" kept going through my head. Weird, but I accept it.

Glad to hear you made it home OK. I kept thinking I should have followed you.

Anyway, looked in my mirror going down the hill and saw a blue Chalon filled with a big grin. biggrin.gif I call it canyon dancing, going 6 or 7/10, smelling the flowers and hydrocarbons, listening to the exhaust, etc. piratenanner.gif

You're in charge next week, we're going to Alaska. Will take camera and NARP sticker.

jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Howard @ Aug 6 2006, 01:45 PM) *

Great color biggrin.gif Jim Hoyland would love these wheels. Keep him busy all week poke.gif

Nice wheels ! I've got a 9 to 5 that currently occupies a lot of time---a friend says hello or ........................meow..
Howard
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Aug 6 2006, 08:28 PM) *

Nice wheels ! I've got a 9 to 5 that currently occupies a lot of time---a friend says hello or ........................meow..

Send Fuzzy over to Brian. He's having a problem with his barrel.
HeloMech
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Aug 6 2006, 08:28 PM) *

Hey, I recognize the kitty, oil spots and motorhome on left. issa ma nayber...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.