Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Get yer brakes out.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
fiid
So I have my suspension apart again - having done 0 miles on it since almost completely rebuilding it. I am taking out the Weltmeister bushings, and putting in Mueller's fantastic roller bearing setup. I figured I also ought to do a cleanup and repaint of some stuff down there just to pretty it up a bit.

Just to keep brad happy :-) I'm painting my suspension bits various colors.

Anyway - my question was weather I should remove the plate behind the brake disc. It seems to be just a guard and looks like it would hinder brake cooling (not good). Plus it's extra unsprung weight. Bad juju.

Do y'all think I should remove it??

l8r,

Fiid.
thesey914
yep -toss em both cool.gif
ChrisReale
Vulture allert!
what u doing with your weltmeister bushings? ph34r.gif
fiid
It's a complete set of 8 (4 front, 4 rear) Weltmeister plastic bushings. I did not groove them for grease, but I did use all the goop that came with them. They have been installed and de-installed, but never driven on. I think the whole kit cost me about $120 or something, so they're yours for $60. You'll have to wait until I finish getting them out though :-)

Fiid.
fiid
Oh yeah - and you have to answer my original question :-)
Qarl
yes
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.