Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: running oil lines
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mikelsr
I am showing my ignorance again. I was looking at the oil tank last night and it occured to me that I don't know the proper place to connect the oil lines going to/from an external cooler. This is on a 2.7L with the original oil tank. I need to install an external oil cooler and I have done some research and found out where people run their lines, where to put the cooler, etc, but I haven't heard any one talk about how you hook up the lines on the engine/oil tank side. Can someone tell me how they should be connected?

If this has been talked about before I apologize but I couldn't find it in the archives.

TIA,
Mike
SirAndy
icon_bump.gif
Grngoat
The feed line that goes from the outlet (bottom) of the oil tank to the connection just under the block mounted cooler stays the same. All of this is on the driver's side. Your external cooler will go between the outlet on the passenger side of the block and the oil return in the engine bay just under the tank mounted filter. There are a million ways to route all of that, but that's the basics.
mikelsr
Thanks Avery and SirAndy. Now to gather the parts.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.