Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT, NPC: Happy Systems Administrator's Day
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MBowman325
It seems to sway sometimes how much appreciation a Sys Admin gets, because, you know, when everything works, nobody cares, and when it's broke, it's phone calls every five minutes from Mgmt (it's gotten better though - amazing!).

Despite being the 7th Internation Sys Admin Day today, not many (users) know about it.

So, to all the other Sys Admins out there, may you not fry the BIOS, have cut T1s or fouled frames, or users installing "unauthorized stuff" (Found Doom on a machine a few days ago) lurking on a machine (Sony-BMG rootkit), and may your budgets be authorized and spendable in 2007!

Cheers!
drunk.gif

July 28th, 2006 - System Administrator's Day
www.sysadminday.com

In the past 18 hours
Me: No, we're not going to add that NT4 workstation onto the Native 2k3 Domain.

Me: No, we can't use the old Image server, which is actually still in service, to test an alternative to Citrix. It's a single proc Xeon 533. No, our old DC won't work either, it's even slower...
eeyore
Yes, thank you admins! Here's some love from the software guys! chair.gif
Gint
Hell, I am one and I didn't know about it.

Got asked yesterday to move over to a different account. Not terribly excited about the idea. One of those, "you should probably take this" deals.

Whaddyagonnado? confused24.gif
Howard
QUOTE(Cloudbuster @ Jul 28 2006, 07:33 AM) *

Yes, thank you admins! Here's some love from the software guys! chair.gif

And to both of you from the end users, finger.gif biggrin.gif
70Sixter
It gets better. Nominate your sys admin unsung hero.

Link to CNET beer.gif
dinomium
QUOTE(70Sixter @ Jul 28 2006, 01:46 PM) *

It gets better. Nominate your sys admin unsung hero.

Link to CNET beer.gif

I was going to parlay that info into free drinks after work, then that uglyness in Downtown Seattle happend and we all had to go home... Our building is on 4th and Lenora, the shootings happend on 3rd and lenora...

sorry for the hijack.
Brad Roberts
Actually Seure Computing does have a better solution to Citrix..LOL

B
ThinAir
Wow, I feel better already about going to work on Monday, just knowing that the world appreciates what I do dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.