Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nick's reassembly progress thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Nick Pawloski
Hey guys and girls....
I haven't done a whole lot of work on the car since my initial posts, but I thought I'd start an official progress thread and post a picture of where she stands so far.

The wiring harnesses are back in place, some lights reconnected, wiper motor and heater box installed. Doors, hood, trunk lid and engine cover are waiting for paint at the body shop. Trying to decide on colors and materials for the interior.

The 2056 will be reassembled shortly. I just need to pick up the heads and cases from the machine shop. Jake Raby supplied me with all of the engine parts, should be a decent little powerplant.

Nick
MecGen
Fucking Eh !

I am real sweat on Chalons. IMHO best looking kit on the market ! but we seem to be getting few and far between. Gotta give us more pics.
And of course...
welcome.png

What type of suspension/brakes are you gonna run on that pussy magnet?

Later

beerchug.gif
Brad Roberts
Pussy magnet..LOL

That is the last thing I think of when I see a 914..LOL

Havent heard that in awhile.

Car looks good. I like your wheel choices.

My biggest issue with the kit was keeping the nose on it. It wants to crack right at the tops of the front fenderwells. The weight of the nose is/was too much for the fenders. Maybe they have rectified the issue with the latest release.

The nose vibrates unless you secure it somehow to the chassis (and I dont mean just the glue to the rubber seal area) I mean a brace to the bumper area.

B
Nick Pawloski
Frank, Brad,
Thanks for the compliments. (I'm hoping they weren't sarcasm....) Sometimes I feel like showing up on this site with a Chalon is like walking into your first day of high school with a fanny pack and a trapper-keeper. av-943.gif

The only thing that I don't like about the kit is the scallops on the sail panels. barf.gif I'm thinking of getting some black vinyl cut for the front edge of the rear fenders, like 80's 911's had (shark fins, I think they're referred to)

Brad, the wheels are actually BMW e36 fitment. I got the adaptors with the car, and the PO thought they were for 911 wheels. I almost bought a set of staggered BBS two piece wheels on Ebay, but double checked the bolt pattern to be safe. Turned out to be 5x120, and e36 offset with a 7" wheel fits the bill very nicely. (Can you say wheel choices galore....) I bought these 16' Mille Miglia Spiders from a friend with a BMW that didn't need them anymore.
I had to turn the ID of the adaptors about .030" to fit them over my hubs, but they seem to fit perfect now. I only have about 5 or 6 threads of engagement on each lug stud, I think the adaptors are meant more for steelies.

I'm going to run stock brakes and suspension for the time being, other than a replacement /6 master cylinder, braided hoses and new pads. The PO gave me a set of rear springs that he never installed, but I'm not quite sure what they are.

In regards to the nose vibrating, the front bumper has molded-in steel brackets that attach it to the original bumper mounts. I am going to add a few more small bars to firm it up though. Are you suggesting adding braces from the body to a point like the front edge of the fender where the bumper and fender meet?
neo914-6
Yeah Chalon! I cut those stylized b-pillars on mine. The other unresolved part is the flares end at the rocker panels. I boxed mine...

f/g fenders are "heavy" confused24.gif

The Chalon is loved or hated (from purists or aesthetic experts, LOL)
MoveQik
QUOTE(Nick Pawloski @ Jul 28 2006, 09:54 PM) *

Frank, Brad,
Thanks for the compliments. (I'm hoping they weren't sarcasm....) Sometimes I feel like showing up on this site with a Chalon is like walking into your first day of high school with a fanny pack and a trapper-keeper. av-943.gif

I'm not a chalon fan personally, but I certainly appreciate the work that goes into one. Besides, this thread is worth it's weight in gold just to hear the term "Trapper keeper" again!

Michael Wills, Coronado High, Class of 88!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.