Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Asphalt sound deadening
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
914werke
Is the precut stuff listed anywhere I didnt see it in PET.
and yes Im considering installing it back on the car.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Jul 28 2006, 04:57 PM) *

Is the precut stuff listed anywhere I didnt see it in PET.
and yes Im considering installing it back on the car.

Why? Don't like the sounds from behind? Like the thought of that stuff absorbing moisture with only the wrong way out? Don't do it man! Just listen to that glorious mechanical noise - that's why you don't need a radio at all (IMHO).
914werke
Mechanical noise I can deal with but the sound of rocks ritcocheting of the unprotected and un muffeled floorpans ..... ohmy.gif wacko.gif
No thanks.
As for moisture, the cars originally had this stuff put down on unpainted panels then sprayed. I have already primed and painted the entire car, including the interior. I figure installing the sound deadening *over* the paint then sprayed to match with provide added protection from the tin worm.
tod914
There's info on this in the garage forum.. dont have time to look but try there
SirAndy
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Jul 28 2006, 11:31 PM) *

I figure installing the sound deadening *over* the paint then spreayed to match with provide added protection from the tin worm.

the bodyshop that did the frame pulling on my /6 has a product that is sprayed on, but it's *not* bedliner, in fact, it turns out to be pretty damm close to the original tar on the floorboards.

you just mask off the areas where you don't want the tar and spray it on ...

i forgot what it's called, but i can swing by and ask ...
smile.gif Andy
KenH
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 29 2006, 11:33 AM) *

QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Jul 28 2006, 11:31 PM) *

I figure installing the sound deadening *over* the paint then spreayed to match with provide added protection from the tin worm.

the bodyshop that did the frame pulling on my /6 has a product that is sprayed on, but it's *not* bedliner, in fact, it turns out to be pretty damm close to the original tar on the floorboards.

you just mask off the areas where you don't want the tar and spray it on ...

i forgot what it's called, but i can swing by and ask ...
smile.gif Andy

I would like to know what they used.

The PO removed all the coating from the outside bottom of the car. I need to put something back on.

Ken
Crazyhippy
possibly Rocker Schutz?? It's designed for the lower rockers on modern cars.

BJH
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.