Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need help on search for 3.6 info
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
East coaster
I'm probably doing something stupid, but I can't search this forum with 3.6 as the search term or keyword. I swear this worked before??? Do I need to do something special to be able to search using a numeric value. I know there's some good content on this forum for 3.6 conversions, I just can't get thar from here!

Help! confused24.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(East coaster @ Oct 17 2003, 06:00 AM)
...I can't search this forum with 3.6 as the search term or keyword. I swear this worked before??? Do I need to do something special to be able to search using a numeric value.

use a longer number ?

forum search software prevents you from using any keyword less than 4 characters; you are not the first person to run afoul of this annoying restriction (which i'm sure is done to limit the number of hit pages to a more manageable subset...).

you can make the string appear longer, maybe, or try subterfuges like Boolean operations (i haven't tried that, so don't hold me to the details...). look for "3.6 liter" or "3.6 conversion" or "3.6" AND "conversion"...
SirAndy
QUOTE(ArtechnikA @ Oct 17 2003, 07:10 AM)
forum search software prevents you from using any keyword less than 4 characters; you are not the first person to run afoul of this annoying restriction (which i'm sure is done to limit the number of hit pages to a more manageable subset...).

sounds like another item for jeroen winter-improvement list.
we could cut it down to 2 chars or more per search term ...

Andy
Jeroen
Yep, I stumbled upon that one two... it will surprise you who many 3 letter words you wanna search on
So yes, I will dig into it smash.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.