Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Name change? for this area?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Brad Roberts
Why was this named the paddock?

Can we change it to something more user friendly?

914 Racing and AutoX ??

That name follows the "914 Garage"

Just trying get some kind of organization (or at least a common naming scheme)

Anyone object?

B
turboman808
Eh yeah would be a bit better

Most places would call it something like "Road Racing and Autox forum"
Chris Pincetich
If it ain't broke.....
beerchug.gif
Brad Roberts
If it was created with NO thought on being consistant... beerchug.gif

You would be amazed at the number of people who dont know what a "paddock" is.

B
Brad Roberts
Number one rule in learning to race (or actually doing it)

1. Be consistant

I try to apply this to normal life also.. (try)

B
drew365
Paddock, isn't that where they tie you up in the town square so they can torture you in public? confused24.gif
Trekkor
Almost two years ago when I requested " the paddock" in the feature request forum, the name stuck. naughty.gif

We need a Paddock

KT
ChrisFoley
Well, The Paddock is certainly better than The Pits. laugh.gif
Joe Ricard
Paddock. Please leave it alone.
I like it here. no off topic. no whining, Just going fast in various competative events
Trekkor
agree.gif clap56.gif

KT
J P Stein
The number one rule of racing.
1) bring money
MoveQik
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jul 28 2006, 05:15 PM) *

If it was created with NO thought on being consistant... beerchug.gif

You would be amazed at the number of people who dont know what a "paddock" is.

B

For what it is worth.....racing, pits, AX, DE...I get it. Paddock...I have no idea what that is. I know it is a forum on this site that talks about racing, but beyond that....????? Here in Phoenix, Paddock is a pool company, not a forum for racing.

That being said, you might want to keeo the name as it keeps folks like me uninterested as we don't know what it is about. biggrin.gif
URY914
"Paddock" means horse racing to most people. rolleyes.gif

Keep the forum, change the name to "This is where the cool fast guys hang out" biggrin.gif
Joe Ricard

Keep the forum, change the name to "This is where the cool fast guys hang out" biggrin.gif
[/quote]

Well except for Paul. bootyshake.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jul 28 2006, 04:55 PM) *

Why was this named the paddock?

Can we change it to something more user friendly?

914 Racing and AutoX ??

That name follows the "914 Garage"

Just trying get some kind of organization (or at least a common naming scheme)

Anyone object?

B

How about "Pit Pass" or "Bench Racing Forum"?
J P Stein
I thought we were doin' fine before you "discovered" us the other day.
This is where a bunch of like minded folks come to disagree and we do it in a civil manner. I'm sure that a name change will help a bunch rolleyes.gif
Trekkor
Since it hasn't been stated already.
The paddock is the place at a race track where the participants park, prep and repair there cars between sessions or races, "cold pits".

Not to be confused with the hot pit lane, "hot pits". tire changes, fuel-ups and duct tape application. laugh.gif

KT
Jeroen
paddock is pretty obvious (to me at least)
and it's "consistent" with "garage"

ant it already says racing/AX in the subtitle
URY914
Why are we even discussing this? confused24.gif

Second guessing every decision? Change for the sake of change? rolleyes.gif

Seems fine up until now.
sww914
I vote for racing and autocross forum. I grew up around horses, and I hate them. I know what Paddock means as far as racing goes, but the name conjures up images of big shitting animals snorting and jumping around, wild eyed and scared because a bird just flew by.
Brad Roberts
70% of my posts are to stir up SHIT. The other 30% *might* hold some kind of value.LOL

The bottom line: I'm trying to make it easier for people to find this portion of the site. The name is NOT intuitive for some people.

B
J P Stein
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jul 29 2006, 12:11 PM) *

70% of my posts are to stir up SHIT. The other 30% *might* hold some kind of value.LOL

The bottom line: I'm trying to make it easier for people to find this portion of the site. The name is NOT intuitive for some people.

B

Ahh...sure, case in point: You just "found" us.
anthony
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jul 29 2006, 12:11 PM) *

I think things would be easier if the pulldown forum list was easier to navigate. Garage, Paddock, Concourse, Sandbox should be the first four items listed. The Classifieds should be second. All those event planning forums that need a password clutter up the list. Another thing that could be done is have quick links to other popular forms like Pelican does.
Mike T
When I hear "Paddock" I think road racing. AX has pre-grid, grid, pits and impound. Don't recall Paddock in 28 yrs of autocrossing. Maybe it's just a local thing or SCCA centric. Maybe PCA or others use it.

That being said I don't care what it's called. I just like the content and will participate here. It's more up my alley.

yawn.gif

Mike T
Chris Pincetich
WTF.gif
Who started this thread? I don't see any racing or AX discussion - move it to the Garage! av-943.gif av-943.gif

Just kidding... beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.