Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: San Jose GP AND Team NARP Racing!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
carreraguy
Just got back from the San Jose Grand Prix. Much better then last year! I highly recommend it to all SF Bay area folks. From a racing standpoint, they got rid of the tremendous bumps over the light rail tracks, dropped the chicane on the front straight and extended the runnoff for the hairpin; all resulting in much greater speed. A guy was clocking them with his laser gun at 168 during qualifying. Also much better views open to the general adminssion tickets! The sound of those CART cars gong at full speed between office buildings with the full throttle kicking in is incredible!

While I was there Sebasatian Bourdais was kind enough to pose next to the Team NARP Racing sticker!! Just kidding; thats my son. Someone told us he looks like Bourdais' brother. I lost a bet with Matt and had to wash his R32 last week - afterwards I put the Team NARP sticker on it and he really likes it! I think it's kind of appropriate that one of the faster VW's gets a 914-related racing logo.
Demick
I was there today sporting my 914club hat. It was a lot of fun. Because of low crowds today, access all around the track was great. And light rail tracks were 1000% improved over last year.

Note to self: next time bring earplugs.

The drifting 'competitions' are really stupid - but I have to admit they are pretty damn fun to watch. Of course, we are all really just hoping that one of the cars will stuff it into the barriers.

Demick
carreraguy
QUOTE(Demick @ Jul 28 2006, 08:08 PM) *

I was there today sporting my 914club hat. It was a lot of fun. Because of low crowds today, access all around the track was great. And light rail tracks were 1000% improved over last year.

Note to self: next time bring earplugs.

The drifting 'competitions' are really stupid - but I have to admit they are pretty damn fun to watch. Of course, we are all really just hoping that one of the cars will stuff it into the barriers.

Demick

Good idea - I'll wear my 914Club hat tomorrow - look for me - I'll be one of the 50,000 or so people there! biggrin.gif

I agree, access was much easier. I also liked the improved bridges and allowing us to cross the track during lulls in the action. I think the best part is no traffic hassle if you take the lightrail - I've had too many bad traffic experiences at Infineon and Laguna. My son likes "Formula D" but was turned off by the demo aspect of it - he prefers the "real thing". However, it is kinda fun to watch if you've never seen it before in person.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.