Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OMG! serious prices
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
grasshopper
Holy crap! $250.00 for a center console that isn't even perfect, and doesn't have the shifter boot... I just picked up a perfect one for $50.00 chairfall.gif Whats up with the high prices lately?? If it stays this expensive, I wont be able to afford that slow VW... Center Console
Brett W
I don't know why anyone would pay money for a built console. They are easy to build. I have done several and they look great. You can taylor them for any number of gauges, etc. Just cut it out of flat 1/4 plywood and cover it with vinyl, leather, or, naugahyde (yes you can kill at least three naugas for a console).
MoveQik
QUOTE(grasshopper @ Jul 28 2006, 09:40 PM) *

Holy crap! $250.00 for a center console that isn't even perfect, and doesn't have the shifter boot... I just picked up a perfect one for $50.00 chairfall.gif Whats up with the high prices lately?? If it stays this expensive, I wont be able to afford that slow VW... Center Console

Call James (Morphenspectra) and be done with it. Good products. Good prices.
914Sixer
I paid $150 for a complete NOS one about a year ago.
East coaster
Want to feel even worse............look at the Aamco console that sold without the gauge portion or the armrest cushion for big bux. Thanks again for mine!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...TRK%3AMEWA%3AIT
grasshopper
OMFG!!!!! give it back!!! I want that center console back!! NOW!!! god damn mother @&$^($* son of *$&%^!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Brad Roberts
I'm glad to see the prices going up.

I used to sell these all day long at $150 a piece.

B
Mueller
QUOTE(grasshopper @ Jul 28 2006, 09:40 PM) *

prices are not going to drop anytime soon...expect them to keep going up....just cause you got a good deal does not mean that is what the current price "should" be....consider yourself lucky....
JPB
Does that mean the cars are worth more and does the insurance adjustment need to go up?

beer.gif Are we investing here?
craig downs
QUOTE(Brett W @ Jul 29 2006, 12:17 AM) *

I don't know why anyone would pay money for a built console. They are easy to build. I have done several and they look great. You can taylor them for any number of gauges, etc. Just cut it out of flat 1/4 plywood and cover it with vinyl, leather, or, naugahyde (yes you can kill at least three naugas for a console).

agree.gif
GWN7
Yikes...I have three or four consols here....mabey it's time to clean out the parts shed....
GWN7
look what a compleat wiring harness went for... blink.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-914...sspagenameZWDVW
Rick_Eberle
I just made one this weekend, for a grand total of $12, plus the leather that will cover it. (I guess that makes it a sub-total)Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.