Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Billet Intermediate plates
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Member Vendors
BigD9146gt
Alright folks,

Heres one more product about the hit the market withen a few weeks. I wasn't sure how popular these would be, I only made 12. I still need to do a few more drilling operations and send them out to anodyzing (dark gray, the same as my oil filter stands: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=48763 ). The plate will come complete with the 10mm locating pins installed, as well as steel lined inserts to keep the shift rod selector detent spring/ball bearings from wearing away the softer aluminum during normal operation. The plates are $399 each plus shipping. Weight is estimated at 4.25lbs (minus box and packing material, assume 6lbs), and shipping origin ZIP code is 93401. UPS or USPS. I accept PayPal and personal checks (...I wait for confirmation from bank prior to shipment).

Cheers, Don.
neo914-6
Nice work!

Any data on how much stronger these are than stock?

I presume this requires a full disassembly and rebuild of the transaxle.
BigD9146gt
Yes, this requires the adjustment of the ring/pinion 'R' depth. This should be done by an experienced mechanic.

Data? I'm not sure if Porsche kept those kind of records. Ask any mechanical engineer about billet and forged manufactured parts... They are always stronger than die-cast. Weltmeister has been making these for years, and most racers/people who install higher horsepower motors make this a primary upgrade.
John
How are yours different from the Weltmeister units?
BigD9146gt
The weltmeister plates have less non-structural material removed, they are the bare minimum in machining. Now, there is nothing wrong with this, and these plates function great... thats what matters.

With mine, I wanted to cut out some of the fat and anodyze them for extra corrosion prevention (which is does not look like, nor stated on the weltmeister site that they're are). I also include the two 10mm locating pins installed.
GS Guy
Great looking part - but have any references or recommendations you can forward for this part? Who'se used or built tranny's with it? Lots of precision tolerances going on there.

I need one of these for my tranny, so definitely interested!
Jeff
TimT
Im interested. You should think about making a billet side plate to complement this
914werke
agree.gif
Downunderman
Does it have a hole for a stud to take the 6 bell crank?
BigD9146gt
yes it does
North Bay 914
I'll take one. Are they available now?

Martin
BigD9146gt
Ok guys, they are back from the anodizers, i'll post pics tomorrow. I need to install the 10mm locating pins and the stainless sleeves for the shift selector balls. PM me if you want one.

Cheers, Don.
BigD9146gt
Ok guys, here we go...

This is the finished product. Locating pins and detent ball sleeves installed. The detent ball slveeves are an important addition because it assures that the steel will not wear away the aluminum. When the aluminum starts wearing, slop in the syncro selector ring location will begin, and over time possibly transmission failure. There is a good reason why the factory had steel sleeves in the stock plates...

I also added up all the bills to produce these, and the final price is $399each + shipping.

Shipping is from San Luis Obispo California, 93401 (for those who want to price quote from UPS or USPS). The plates weight about 5lbs, and then with packaging is 8lbs.

Cheers, Don.

IPB Image
Grngoat
I'll take one. How much for shipping to 76137?
sww914
I held one of these in my hand last night, and they are very nice. I want one too.
BigD9146gt
Hey guys,

there are 9 still available...

Cheers, Don.
ConeDodger
Wow... Never mind that the product is beautiful. I called Don yesterday and ordered one of these babies. Today it showed up.
Thanks Don. Great service. Great product.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.