Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can you extend the wires of the LC-1?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lmcchesney
OK. I was worried about leaving the controller box, it looks expensive, exposed on the tranny. Can I extend the five wires from the LC-1 sensor, over the tranny,along the side wall of the engine compartment and through the firewall? Are these wires fixed to a measured resistance for calibration or voltage generation like a cylinder head temp sensor?
Larry
MecGen
Hi

Nope, shouldn't be a problem. I lenghthened one Ford and and one Chev (non-914) without any problems. I think there are some companies that sell extensions for the LS1, maybe
http://www.painlesswiring.com/

Wherever you deside to mount it, try to keep it dry, the ECMs are sealed, but water always finds a way in ar15.gif

Good luck
Later

beerchug.gif
gklinger
There's lots of good info over at the Innovate forums, including this:
Oh, are you talking about the cables from the LC-1 to power/ground/analog outs/serial? For those there is no max length (aside from using large enough gauge for 12V and heater GND). There is a max length for the serial cables though. It is 30 feet.
The only real length restriction that should not be tampered with is the length between LC-1 and sensor.
lmcchesney
Yes, from the O2 sensor in the tail pipe to the black box its cable connects to. Same or larger gauge wire.
I just placed the question on the LC-1 forum as well.
The sensor is in the exhaust pipe and I want to extend the wires so the controller, the rectangular box the sensor cable pluggs into, in the relay box on the left side of the engine compartment and run the wires, which are plenty long enough, through the firewall and into the cockpit.
Thanks,
Larry
lmcchesney
Reading the LC-1 forum, I understand that you can only extend the wires from the O2 sensor to the controller box by about 2 ft. Is this correct?
Larry
lmcchesney
Bump
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.