Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front spindle nut installation specs...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
yarin
I'm in the process of pressing in new bearings into my new rotors.

What's the spec on installing the spindle nuts and tightening the hex screw on it?

Thanks
sww914
The hex bolt torque is something pretty low, like 8 or 10, I can't remember, I just snug them, not TIGHT, just good and snug. You tighten the spindle nut enough that you can just get the tiniest click when you wiggle the wheel, and you should just barely be able to slide the big washer around with the tip of a screwdriver. I over tighten the spindle nut a bit at first, spin the wheel a bit, back it off and tighten it to where it should be next, just to push everything out to where it should be, and then I check the play by wiggling the wheel again (with the car jacked up) after a short drive.
Brad Roberts
He nailed it.

I do it just a tad differently.

I use a large flat blade screw driver in the SLOT of the spindle nut and twist it as tight as I can by hand. This will yield what you need against the bearings.

Try both ways!

B
yarin
Thanks guys!

Just wrapped that task up. New front rotors, pads, wheel bearings. Washed and waxed for the first time too.

beer3.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.